• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Orient v Rovers

Match result

• Leyton Orient

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Orient v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Breyer Group Stadium
Saturday, September 3, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, September 3, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Disappointed glatzel still not fit. Surely there was a striker out there we could have signed who can actually play? Micky mentioned several times how much of a challenge it will be to get him fit. I know he did well with us but I’m still not sure it was worth the risk when there are other strikers out there. Probably down to money as we’re probably not paying much of his wages. Hopefully he’ll be fit soon but we’re risking flogging Hemmings and Nevitt every game

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
In fairness to Glatzel, he only arrived yesterday so it is worth showing a bit of patience with him. I am sure the intention is that he is eased in for a few weeks, and is then fit for the remainder of the season (hopefully).

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes I hope so. I guess a number of yesterdays transfers deals won’t see players starting today . I’m sure we wouldn’t have signed him if he wasn’t close to being fit.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good start by Rovers. Pressing well. Nevitt with a great chance, scoops it high and well over.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
1 down I'm afraid our away form is still absolutely dire

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Bit unlucky there. Thought we were doing OK. Now need to put some pressure on their keeper.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sounds like we’re not making the best of possession in good areas, so the forwards aren’t getting much of a chance.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Final balls have been a bit poor and I dont think the forwards are causing them enough problems. We need to get stuck in and show a bit more.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Perfect example there. Hemmings running at goal, had options, but takes a bad touch and it comes to nothing. We have to be better than that.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Turnbull , free header in front of goal, heads over..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good build up play from Hawkes and Nolan on the left. Nolan shoots, keeper spills, couldnt get onto the rebound in time.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Great cross from Hawkes. Hemmings couldnt connect.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Strange subs by Micky. Nolan seemed to be having a good game, but maybe match fitness. Hughes for McAlear more puzzling. Now gone to a back 3 with Hawkes and Nevitt off.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Strange subs by Micky. Nolan seemed to be having a good game, but maybe match fitness. Hughes for McAlear more puzzling. Now gone to a back 3 with Hawkes and Nevitt off.
I think it’s a case of switching to wing backs and fresh legs. Burton will add more pace to the attack, as will the wing backs.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
2-0. Game over.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Another away defeat and a failure to score similar is not good enough

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I thought we started the game well, passing it around nicely, giving Orient very little. However we struggling to recover after going down and were toothless in front of goal. The main difference between the two sides is that they took their chances, we did not. Orient sitting top, 12 points ahead of Rovers. Our poor away record continues.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Frustrating, as it sounded like we were well in the game but missed chances at key moments.