• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Next TRFC Manager

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
It will be a very strange appointment if it happens. Out of the names being linked I would have thought that he would be fairly low down the list. I wonder what choice he was and perhaps the preferred options have turned us down.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
As I said previously, Ince's successful spells in management were with Ray Mathias alongside him, the stints without him were uninspiring. I would prefer Dawes and hope that the Palioi are aware this appointment is unlikely to go down well should it happen.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
While Ince would not have been high on my list, if he is appointed it will have been the result of a rigorous process. MP will be fully aware, partly through experience, of the risks associated with a managerial appointment and the importance of the right "fit". If he sees that in Ince, or anybody else for that matter, I'll be supporting his decision and not vocalising dissent.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
There are one or two exceptions, but I'm sure MP wouldn't go near them with somebody else's extendable barge pole!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Ince had some success early keeping Macclesfield up and leading MK Dons to the double of FL Trophy and league two title in 2008. Thereafter it was failed spells at Blackburn, MK Dons after a brief return, Notts County and Blackpool.

given his last success was approx 12 years ago I’m not sure he’s the right man. Would rather Dawes or someone like Keith hill (or even Ronnie lol)!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
While Ince would not have been high on my list, if he is appointed it will have been the result of a rigorous process. MP will be fully aware, partly through experience, of the risks associated with a managerial appointment and the importance of the right "fit". If he sees that in Ince, or anybody else for that matter, I'll be supporting his decision and not vocalising dissent.
The problem being Mark's record of appointing managers is not too clever.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
The problem being Mark's record of appointing managers is not too clever.
I am trusting that he is learning from that which should improve his chances of getting it right this time. He's no fool.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
A good source elsewhere is now saying we are close to appointing from two final candidates, with one a clear favourite. Neither are Ince (thankfully !).
Hats off to the chairman for keeping this decision under wraps - and keeping us guessing!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Bizarre. Betting suspected with one major bookie on Ince getting the job...

drwhoman

If Rovers keep winning and Ince or some other has been is brought in it will not go down well with the squad. I just hope that it would be someone who would quickly gain the respect and support of the team. Otherwise it will be another own goal by the owners.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Ince previously worked with Mathias at some clubs but he’s now 73 and not in the best of health so can’t see him coming. That could mean Dawes may be number 2 if Ince did come in and would hopefully mean our momentum continued and Ince (or anyone), would be daft to change a winning team and system

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A good source has told me Paul hurst will be unveiled next week.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
An improvement on Ince but as mentioned previously on this thread, his relations with supporters at previous clubs leave something to be desired....