• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Dawes sacked

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think C
I’m not sure if the Castore rumours have ever been mentioned on here, whether they’re in any way relevant to the ‘interim’ situation, or even whether there’s any truth to them.

Some folk reckon they might be preparing to invest, although the only ‘news’ I’ve seen linking them with us was this, a few weeks ago, from a supposed journo (whose reliability, from what I can recall, is patchy!)

Curious as to what a “technical partner” is.

Anyway, may be something or nothing, just throwing it out there.

No issue with them investing in Rovers, were that to happen.

However, didn't they make the Villa kit that was retaining too much moisture?

I think the difference between an interim and a caretaker manager is largely semantic.
Not at all, although the fact that the two are often (mistakenly) used interchangeably is largely down to people not grasping the substantive difference between them.

The question remains, interim until what. (Rhetorical)

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Think C

No issue with them investing in Rovers, were that to happen.

However, didn't they make the Villa kit that was retaining too much moisture?
Half of our players aren’t working hard enough to even break sweat! :)

Still can’t believe no one could stop sarcevic for Stockports second goal. Davies should have just tripped him and being so close to the half way line it probably would have been a yellow

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Not at all, although the fact that the two are often (mistakenly) used interchangeably is largely down to people not grasping the substantive difference between them.
I don't think there is a substantive difference. An interim manager probably hangs around longer and creates even greater uncertainty, and in that respect I would probably be happier with a caretaker......

Yes, the other posters will have to bow again to your superior intellect.

Lol.

Do let us know what the 'substantive difference' is.
Or, as they usually do, they’ll just indulge your limited intellect.

Lol

But sorry, shan’t be spoon feeding you, you can easily find out for yourself if you’re in the least bit interested.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I don't think there is a substantive difference. An interim manager probably hangs around longer and creates even greater uncertainty, and in that respect I would probably be happier with a caretaker......
Yes and crucially our ‘interim’ manager was already there so it has very possibly felt like nothing has changed for the players since Dawes was there..

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Thats the issue we get alk this positive bull imagine getting a telling off from nigel adkins there would be whale music in the background and little candles lit everywhere and a therapy chair to sit and relax in ahhhhhhhhhhhhdrives me crazy let me at em with a frying pan and teapots flying they would soon get there fkn finhgers out off there butt's

• Haha
Reactions: Ian

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Thats the issue we get alk this positive bull imagine getting a telling off from nigel adkins there would be whale music in the background and little candles lit everywhere and a therapy chair to sit and relax in ahhhhhhhhhhhhdrives me crazy let me at em with a frying pan and teapots flying they would soon get there fkn finhgers out off there butt's
There is ample evidence that many are not good enough, possibly even at a league or two below. No amount of shouting will change that and may damage those going through a confidence crisis who can actually cut it. Most of us have moved on from national Service doctrine

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Just tell them win you get paid lose you dont then we would see bunch of pus@ys

Reactions: Ian

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
If i am honest with you all i can not remember when the last time since we won against grimsby 5-0 and yes daws was in charge that day. But i can't think of a day that i have been in love with this Amazing little club i do love it but the football is terrible and thats me being good so ( ian) does not tell me off Lol butTranmere have been. Sh##t for a few years now and i love and miss going to the football but i am not sure if or when i will be back watching crap again sad days when you have to think likethat. oh we scored 4 or 5 in a LG game if i am rightvwas that game against grimsby

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
If i am honest with you all i can not remember when the last time since we won against grimsby 5-0 and yes daws was in charge that day. But i can't think of a day that i have been in love with this Amazing little club i do love it but the football is terrible and thats me being good so ( ian) does not tell me off Lol butTranmere have been. Sh##t for a few years now and i love and miss going to the football but i am not sure if or when i will be back watching crap again sad days when you have to think likethat. oh we scored 4 or 5 in a LG game if i am rightvwas that game against grimsby
I trust someone else is i/c menus

Reactions: ADD

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Graham Alexander who was linked with our Job gets a 2 and a half year deal at Bradford to replace mark Hughes, despite being sacked from MK Dons a few weeks ago.

Must be the managerial merry go round that Palio’s talks about!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It’s a fact that nearly every manager gets the sack at least once and most are fired several times - even “successful” ones.

How many top managers can you name who gave never got the chop? I can name Busby, Shankly and Paisley. When he retires, I think Guardiola may join that illustrious list.

Even Alex Ferguson got fired by St Mirren. Successful England managers like Ramsey, Robson and Southgate have had their contracts terminated.

Being sacked doesn’t necessarily mean you are a bad manager. Often they are successful in their next appointment. Hopefully, Mr Adkins will prove my point before long. ;)