• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Dawes sacked

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
You're up early Boz.
I suppose I am, but I'm not his agent or anything.
Tbf I acknowledge there's better footballers at the club (including ones you mention above), and hopefully better target men out there to sign in January. For Now if we’re going to get the goals and performance out of Dennis, most agree Norris would be the best foil, and for me Jolley would be next best. Albeit he's no Norris, but offers the heart and athleticism to get into the opposition's ribs. I see Dennis as our natural poacher with Norris facilitating and chipping in with a few. Jolley, admittedly won't get
near Dennis in terms of goals, but could do for now in terms of understudying Norris - I wish there was better.
A friend at Accrington said he reallyputs himself about while not saying he was a decent player or anything.
It's a tough one for Nigel.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would still rather play Jennings alongside Dennis. I just don't think Jolley offers enough in terms of his all round game, particularly in a physically demanding role.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, I was quite positive about Jolley at the start of the season but I don't think his performances have been good enough this season.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Jolly will be one of those who will go down to the national lg prob north and will do well but not in the lg not sure

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Ex crewe manager Dave Artell who has been linked with us in the past takes over at Grimsby.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sutton sack their manager Matt Gray. Not a shock and I’d be surprised if FGR don’t do the same soon if they want to avoid successive relegations

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Colchester, FGR and Sutton appear to be in freefall which does fill me with christmas joy and hope it continues as we are not out of the woods yet. Only half the season gone and our away form is still dire. Our home form should steer us clear of danger..

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Unsure what to make of the Sutton boss being sacked. They've been poor but thought that a combination of his role in getting them into the FL coupled with their limitations might have given him a bit more time. Although they added some decent players like Omari Patrick in the summer. It will be interesting to see if a change in management there can turn things around. I have my doubts..

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Sutton sack their manager Matt Gray. Not a shock and I’d be surprised if FGR don’t do the same soon if they want to avoid successive relegations
Fg are about too and Troy Deeney is to take over

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Fg are about too and Troy Deeney is to take over
Interesting appointment. I always thought it was a strange move for him purely as a player, given that it can't have been financially motivated.

I would imagine he will be backed in the January transfer window.

Last edited:
Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Interesting appointment. I always that was a strange move for him as a player, given that it can't have been financially motivated.

Maybe, he needed his coaching badges???

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Interesting appointment. I always thought it was a strange move for him purely as a player, given that it can't have been financially motivated.

Yes I thought the same RLC. Apparently Deeney had offers from Saudi and championship clubs, but wanted the coaching role at FGR. I guess in January he may be able to attract decent players to FGR if he gets the job given his pedigree and name but hopefully it doesn’t guarantee better Results.

Player
Manager
Sackings at this time, has to be influential on the transfer window.
it is no coincidence that it happens!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Forest Green are a club with a decent history and following, who have become a footballing advertisement hoarding and plaything for their owner, Dale Vince. While I’m not unsympathetic to some of Mr Vince’s causes, don’t think I would fancy him I’m charge of our club as he doesn’t appear to be on the same wave-length as much of their fan base.

There is still around half the season to go, so any side around the bottom are capable of pulling away from the L2 danger zone. While Deeney may prove to be a decent manager, it feels high risk to put a totally inexperienced manager in charge of a side in Forest Green’s current situation. Interesting times ahead.

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
Forest Green are a club with a decent history and following, who have become a footballing advertisement hoarding and plaything for their owner, Dale Vince. While I’m not unsympathetic to some of Mr Vince’s causes, don’t think I would fancy him I’m charge of our club as he doesn’t appear to be on the same wave-length as much of their fan base.

There is still around half the season to go, so any side around the bottom are capable of pulling away from the L2 danger zone. While Deeney may prove to be a decent manager, it feels high risk to put a totally inexperienced manager in charge of a side in Forest Green’s current situation. Interesting times ahead.
You'd have thought that the Duncan Ferguson debacle would've shown him the folly of relying on big names with no managerial experience to get you out of trouble

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
You'd have thought that the Duncan Ferguson debacle would've shown him the folly of relying on big names with no managerial experience to get you out of trouble
Didn’t Dunc get a couple of games in charge of Everton? Going for a total novice suggests Vince hasn’t learnt from his mistakes.

Player
Manager
FGR are a strange club. They just don't seem to have an identity.
FGR are a small club with a fan base that is small though growing. The club is situated on the edge of a small town and the nearest big town is quite a bit away, Stroud.
The club and owner have done remarkably well to get them into the league (at our expense)
They will always be fighting above their weight against the more established clubs.
Can Dale Vince get them out of relegation trouble?
I wouldn't bet against him.