• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bromley v Rovers

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Pre match interviews made me laugh a bit. Micky saying a few players have said they can't play on an artificial pitch such as McEveley - didn't know we could afford the luxury of having players who can only play on grass at this level.

Whereas Norwood says they are professionals so should play on any surface.

Micky still thinks it's mainly about putting chances away - but I think think we're not creating anywhere near enough chances testing opposition keepers.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Pre match interviews made me laugh a bit. Micky saying a few players have said they can't play on an artificial pitch such as McEveley - didn't know we could afford the luxury of having players who can only play on grass at this level.
Yes, crazy that. It seems like a case of getting our excuses in early.

In fairness to Mellon, he did talk about the build up play and final ball as well as finishing, though the comment about getting the ball in the box '67 times' against Wrexham was annoying.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Wonder who else is struggling, with Micky's remark about having a very young bench if we played now. Might not be a bad thing and a younger starting line-up wouldn't bother me either.

Player
aldo
Wat would you do if asked to give the team talk . !!!!!!! . Think i would ask them to show more passion . And some bloody fight. Tell em to get forward more . And tell them not to sit back in midfield an show some fkn balls. And most important put on a show for the fans. Im up for this as you can prob tell

Player
aldo
Or as my 5 year old would say bla bla bla. I don't say bla bla bla . Thats wat they prob think at the mo . Mey be time to get the ice baths out or just dont pay em if they dont perform harsh but hey fk it thats life . S .w.a

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson

Whereas Norwood says they are professionals so should play on any surface.

Micky still thinks it's mainly about putting chances away - but I think think we're not creating anywhere near enough chances testing opposition keepers.
McEveley has just illustrated my point. You would expect players to say they are looking forward to the challenge of playing on a different surface. It sounds like he is making excuses and just doesn't want to play. The home dressing room will be rubbing their hands.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
To be fair, he's probably had a word in his ear and told him results need to improve, that wouldn't be unreasonable or unexpected.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would be amazed if Palios had not had an 'irregular' meeting with him. We have played a quarter of the season now.

Player
aldo
If some of the players dont want tp play tomorrow . Or cant be arsed . Dont pay em or fine em . An dont play em again . Its a joke . If there allowed to getaway with it . Im a chef imagine if i told my head chef i dont taste my food . Wouldn't have a job .

Player
aldo
Cant be there as doin a wedding wont even know the score till late in the night . So hears hoping for a good one

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What is the point of interviewing players when they come out with nonsense such as:

“Confidence is not an issue”
“We are the best team in the league”
“We’ve got people that can score from all over the pitch”

I couldn’t listen to anymore but I’m sure they’ve also been working hard in training.

drwhoman

Well I suppose they have to gee themselves up. All we need them to do is to do what they say they can do!! As always, time will tell. Any positive result would do me!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
What is the point of interviewing players when they come out with nonsense such as:

“Confidence is not an issue”
“We are the best team in the league”
“We’ve got people that can score from all over the pitch”

I couldn’t listen to anymore but I’m sure they’ve also been working hard in training.
If they really believed it, it would be true. But it's clear they don't.

Player
aldo
The problem is we can all see the players have no confidence. If we can score from all over the pich . Apart from tollitt. How meney do the midfield get be lucky if in ddouble figures. Best team my left testicle is better . An i dont have one lol . Stop chatting s÷×t . An go play bloody football

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thinking about the pitch issue, didn't we end up with only 10 players at Sutton last season due to injury on their plastic pitch? Whereas at Maidstone, playing a side of predominantly youngsters on a similar pitch we did ok. I don't blame those injury-prone players who've had problems on a plastic pitch for not wanting to play, but whether we should have signed up such shrinking violets is another debate.

Mellon was being fairly coy about injuries in his interview, it wouldn't be a surprise if one or two were out of the picture aside from those with a plastic pitch allergy. If Harris as protection after his recent injury was out of the team as well as McEveley, we could look at a team something like;

Davies
Buxton Gumbs McNulty Sutton Ridehalgh
Duggan Norburn
Jennings Alabi Norwood

With maybe Rokka/Clarke amongst the subs.