• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bromley v Rovers

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Mainly Bromley this half. But just as we break Norwood is unfairly penalised for handball. Good work from Alabi whose shot goes just over. But not pretty as no one wants to pass through midfield.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
This is how these games are going. We haven’t been able to score early and now the home team will try and sneak it. I’d be happy with a draw now.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
As the teams tire, free kicks are being given outside he area at either end. Good running by Norwood earned one and Buxton's free kick was tipped over.

I'm happy with individual players but we are not creating much.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Superb goal for Norwood! Reward for his hard work.

A great shift by the lads but we do look like a mid-table side.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It sounds like we deserved the win. Interesting selection issues for MM on Wednesday.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Lord Norwood said it was the result that mattered today.....not the performance.
How apt he should steal it for us.
Tremendous.
We can analyse the wherefores, and hopefully those who were there will do, but a 94 minutes winner never does team spirit (and us supporters) any harm.
Will be smiling when I order my beers tonight.
About time!!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The foundation was the defence with MoM Scotty making key saves and being assured in the air. The back four were solid,midfield had to work hard and the forwards had to fight for scraps. If the game was about restoring confidence, it must have helped. It's a difficult ground to win on.

drwhoman

I had a good feeling before the game. A team that in all honesty we should beat. Maybe this is just the start! It had to be Norwood - Mr 110%! Leyton are no great shakes. Come on Rovers!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thanks for the snippets mid game BBTC and RLC. Don’t care how we do it right now but the three points is all that matters.

Still a lot of work to do but hopefully they can build on this result.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Thank god for that. But let's not get carried away. Late winners against barrow have recently been followed up with disappointing results.

Another clean sheet is good. Would be interested in how Jennings and Alabi did

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The radio commentary was broadly complimentary about the side and suggested Duggan had his best game of this season for us in a midfield role.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Thank god for that. But let's not get carried away. Late winners against barrow have recently been followed up with disappointing results.

Another clean sheet is good. Would be interested in how Jennings and Alabi did
Jennings and alabi did OK in the first half and the system worked well. Second half was awful but we deserved the win. More when I get home.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Currently having the dubious pleasure of watching a grumpy Paul cox tuck into a burger at the next table, lol.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
[QUOTE="Sparky, post: 43703, member: 211".]Would be interested in how Jennings and Alabi did. [/QUOTE] I was pleased with both. Alabi never gave up despite the continual attention of the centre backs, whose antics were rarely spotted by the officials. A goal would have really lifted him but he had only one half chance.

Connor at the point of the diamond was getting very little second ball and often ended up on the wing. But like everyone else, he showed 100% commitment and even got booked for a late challenge.

Last edited: