• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Brabin Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's starting to look as though the Palioi were bounced into this, either by the poor showing at Sutton or the ill-judged remarks from Brabin which followed.
3 matches in 8 days coming up, which could determine our prospects for the automatic place.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Strange league this one, still a hell of a lot to play for though. I hope MP makes a decision soon although I suspect he may get this glut of games out of the way first. Besides you'd have to be mad to change a 100% win rate manager! :D

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It's starting to look as though the Palioi were bounced into this, either by the poor showing at Sutton or the ill-judged remarks from Brabin which followed.
3 matches in 8 days coming up, which could determine our prospects for the automatic place.

This is probably true, although Brabin's position was obviously untenable after the Sutton fiasco and its aftermath. After two poor appointments, it is better that we take our time and appoint somebody suitable, even if it means the play-offs are our only hope this season. However, I don't relish the prospect of Carden being in charge at Dagenham.

Things could be worse, however. Wrexham are in far greater trouble than us and don't seem to have the money to get rid of Mills. I said in pre-season that their squad is thoroughly mediocre.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thanks to our great start to the season we're only a few points off the top. If we can steady the ship we've still got a great chance of doing something this season.

Wrexham have gone from bad to worse although I do recall some of the signings from last season were questionable as the manager seemed to be making a new signing every week.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The Wrexham situation illustrates the financial downside of being Trust-run. The sale of Vose made things hard, but as Ian highlights the quality and number of players brought in did them no favours. Mills hasn't enhanced his reputation during his time in Wales. Though his side won both of their games at PP last season. The last of our upcoming trip of games is a visit from Wrexham.

It's looking more likely Carden will still be in charge for the Dagenham game. Does he have the ability to set us up to grind out a result there?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Micky Mellon once again faced criticism from his own fans In the away defeat to Scunny in the EFL.

They now have 2 away games on the bounce....MP is watching presumably hoping the axe will fall

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Reported in the Liverpool Echo that Mickey Mellon is appointed as our new manager with Mike Jackson as his no.2....await official confirmation from Prenton Park.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thanks Frenchrover

frenchrover

Player
aldo
I agree Cowshed, I think he could turn things round....certainly hope so,