• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Brabin Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
All bets are off on Adkins apparently. Micky Mellon now seems more likely, according to insiders.
Mellon still at
Shrewsbury, though falling out of favour. Got Fleetwood into the league, though think better funded than Rovers. Wouldn't be a bad option but hard to assess the quality of the inside information this is based on.

drwhoman

Ian, I liked your comments regarding the superman we are looking for. Maybe one of us should apply! mmmmm Maybe not!! (LOL!).

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ian, I liked your comments regarding the superman we are looking for. Maybe one of us should apply! mmmmm Maybe not!! (LOL!).
I honestly at times don't think we could do any worse!

M

Mal

Maybe we were lucky that the game was televised and that Sutton allowed supporters to roam freely round the ground. That meant that if anyone in China was watching whilst Palios was out there, then the bad press caused by the Brabin Out protest must have caused embarrassment.

Why was Mark out there? Looking for investment or to promote the link he already set up for football education? If the latter, it is embarrassing that his football team demonstrated so few skills. Regardless as to their feelings about Brabin, they should get a roasting for not even trying.

I don't regret spending the money travelling and getting there purely because Sutton deserve their share. However, as an advertisement for Tranmere, it was awful.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Regardless as to their feelings about Brabin, they should get a roasting for not even trying
That's a fair point Mal. Brabins complete incompetence has allowed the players to slip under the radar pretty much unscathed. I wonder if they'd given up playing under Brabin? Whatever the reason they should also take a portion of the blame for that atrocious viewing.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't hold the players responsible for our current troubles: they have simply been following orders. I think the Sutton game was the first occasion that they have actually given up during the match, but that was only because they had no idea what they were trying to achieve. In previous matches the commitment has been there, but they have been incredibly poorly directed.

I think it was Gary Lineker who said that football is a very difficult game in your own position, let alone someone else's. Well, our players have been played out of position for eighteen months now. Couple that with Brabin's incredibly negative directive that we should barely cross the halfway line, and his apparent lack of man-management and motivational skills, and performances like Saturday's were bound to result eventually.

Last edited:

Colin K

Player
Ryan Taylor
Why was Mark out there? Looking for investment or to promote the link he already set up for football education? If the latter, it is embarrassing that his football team demonstrated so few skills. Regardless as to their feelings about Brabin, they should get a roasting for not even trying.

I heard he was out there noising up Sven Goran Erikson as the new Tranmere manager...and looking at hiring Faria Alam as secretary!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They are really good friends and more worryingly said he'll be seeking Gary's advice :eek:

Player
Manager
John King
More positively, he has already said he will change formation tomorrow, so let us wait and see. He has no chance of getting the job permanently, but we desperately need three points tomorrow.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think MP has strung him along a little bit telling him he'll might be in the running if results improve. I don't see it although I don't think MP will be rushed into a decision.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A bit underwhelming but morcambe manager Jim Bentley strongly rumoured to have been offered the job.

He's done ok this season but not a name I expected. Lived close to PP apparently.

Just a rumour at this stage tho

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Will await confirmation before passing comment. There have been a few names in the frame that came to nothing, if this is correct.

Player
Manager
John King
Seriously underwhelmed if it is Bentley to be totally honest.

Has a limited budget at Morecambe, but finishes in the bottom half every season with them, unlike Coleman at Accrington. Looks a bit like Brabin Mark II to me. No experience of handling a big budget and the pressure of a job where you are expected to win most matches.

Anyway, we will see........

Player
Manager
John King
Morecambe have just been taken over by foreign owners and it is unclear whether Bentley is in their plans. Hence, the timing of this move seems to make sense.
Bentley does seem to be highly thought of by a lot of League Two supporters, although Morecambe fans seem fairly happy for him to move on.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Seriously underwhelmed if it is Bentley to be totally honest.

Has a limited budget at Morecambe, but finishes in the bottom half every season with them, unlike Coleman at Accrington. Looks a bit like Brabin Mark II to me. No experience of handling a big budget and the pressure of a job where you are expected to win most matches.

Anyway, we will see........
I like Coleman more than Bentley. He has had success at our level, but only at Stanley, where he has been given time. I think he'd get us up eventually, but I'm not sure it would be instant. Probably, if he had any sense, he'd stick with Accrington, a club he knows well and where he's respected. Rovers would be a huge risk, so it would have to appeal to his wallet or his ego.

Player
Manager
John King
The sources 'in the know' seem to have changed their minds once again. So basically, we have no more idea who the next manager will be than we did eight days ago............

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
At this rate Wrexham's Gary Mills will be out of a job after a 3-0 defeat at Macclesfield tonight. John Askews side now up to third. Not that I would want Mills.

Another win for Dave Challinors Fylde tonight.

Off topic but another goal for Cole tonight....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.