• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Transfer rumours

drwhoman

TRANFERS

Bootle Rover - you must be winding us all up surely? Or is it something more personal? I know he did not answer your letters, which was rude, but how many other people or businesses do the same? I have had many letters ignored when I have written about something. Fact of life unfortunately. As I and others have said before, if he was that much of a crook then he would have done what Vaughan was going to do (remember Mr Chester?) - sell the ground and build houses! He would get far more money that way than continuing to carry a thinly supported and financially poor Division One team which will never make any serious money for anyone. Yes - he does not show all his finances to us but that is his right as it is with all of us. The simple fact of the matter is that without him we would be playing in the West Cheshire League if that still exists. Would you prefer that Bootle Rover?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
On Johnson, while I would certainly prefer a Jack Walker-type figure, who pumps money in for the love of the club, sadly none such exists. PJ is certainly an improvement on the likes of Stephen Vaughan or some speculating Yanks and the fact that the club is on a relatively stable footing despite declining attendances is largely down to him.

On paying for players, SonkORLY? asserts that we should be looking at out of contract players. I'm generally in agreement, hoping that a bit of the Jennings money may enable us to pay improved wages attracting a higher standard of recruit. However, if the only way of recruiting a needed player is paying a transfer fee, then if that individual does have a sell-on value, it makes sense. I'm unsure someone nearing the end of his career like Ryan Lowe is worth forking out on though.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
this is simply not true

it's pretty basic stuff anyway, the business makes a loss without transfer revenue, so when we sell a player we use that money to help balance the books.

yes business makes a loss then we sell a player to make up the defer-sit...

either i am stupid or you missed the point completely or you blew me away by stating the completely bl--dy obvious....:oops:

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
The money coming in from transfers will be taken out by Johnson and put neatly in his back pocket, no doubt tax free since he "lives" in a tax haven.

If we received 10 million it would still go in his pocket.

He runs up interest to ensure anything worth taking he takes.

Its called usuary and used to be outlawed but greedy graspers like him altered the rules and made it ok for those that have so much to have ever so much more and on top of that then frame the rules so that rich people dont pay taxes. And thats one of the main reasons the country is said to be on its arse.

Face facts, he is a thief in all but name. The situation has nothing to do with the players or Les P. TRFC have to struggle despite him - not thanks to him.

The sooner hes gone the better and I really not fussed as to how he goes as long as he goes.

i think your right but i do not think he is a thief....

his accountant is.. and who is PJ to question a financial expert who looks after his interests world wide!

but it all comes down to the operation of tranmere rovers football club and PJ has imo a poor track record of this as operator of TRFC and Everton (not that i give a toss about EFC!)

Fans need to demonstrate there believes ,rather than tow the party line of financial understanding as stated by PJ and his lap dogs LP and al.

PJ OUT PJ OUT....

Quite often managers lose the plot during the close season ,don,t know why maybe a trip to the far east or something,but what managers do during this period beggars belief....

maybe they know that every one in football has a short memory and they play on this !( not me )

For instance pre season trialists never work out ,John Aldride tried this at the away match at Shrewsbury town,,,Pre season...

and what happened team spirit was eroded and this was the beginning of our last season in the second tear...

i think lp has worked under different managers at PP and surely he has it in his memory bank ,that trialists don,t work pre season ,not only that he has ex players and others training with us

what does he think this is a monkeys tea party

this is no way to get 11 players focused, to battle and eventually beat on the opening day of the upcoming season, 11 players /opponents that will be ready for any malaise/ lack of quality in our ranks imo.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
On paying for players, SonkORLY? asserts that we should be looking at out of contract players. I'm generally in agreement, hoping that a bit of the Jennings money may enable us to pay improved wages attracting a higher standard of recruit. However, if the only way of recruiting a needed player is paying a transfer fee, then if that individual does have a sell-on value, it makes sense. I'm unsure someone nearing the end of his career like Ryan Lowe is worth forking out on though.

lowe is a very good player at this level at 32, but unless his transfer fee is minimal, he's really not worth spending excessive amounts on when there are other players available for free. His sell-on value is essentially non-existent, and his contract will probably expire without renewal.

yes business makes a loss then we sell a player to make up the defer-sit...

either i am stupid or you missed the point completely or you blew me away by stating the completely bl--dy obvious....:oops:

yes it's extremely obvious but you don't seem able to grasp it, one way or another. 'speculating to accumulate' doesn't make sense at this level. reinvesting money we don't have into the squad etc is pretty futile.

if i'm still missing your point then that's your fault not mine

also the thing with trialists is that they're completely free so we may as well give them a go, eh?

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
also the thing with trialists is that they're completely free so we may as well give them a go, eh?

The point is that football people have short memories, and if you think it is ok to have a pile of crapy trialists for pre season rather than getting a squad together, and focused for the upcoming season, then i suspect you also have a short one, also!

sorry cound,nt resist the little joke there at the end...

:lol:

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
you imply that sorting out a squad and having trialists are mutually exclusive endeavours when the opposite is quite obviously the case.

every club has trialists, even premier league clubs. most of them aren't signed in the end. some of them are. it's not as if we're going out of our way. they train with us and we have a look. who cares.

M

Mal

I agree with Sonkorly on this. Thes preseasons are about getting fit, trying things out and also seeing if there are players out there worth a punt. This year we have a foundation of a team that has players who know each other. Haven't had that for last two seasons. I feel positive as regards an avoidance of a relegation fight this season.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
I agree with Sonkorly on this. Thes preseasons are about getting fit, trying things out and also seeing if there are players out there worth a punt. This year we have a foundation of a team that has players who know each other. Haven't had that for last two seasons. I feel positive as regards an avoidance of a relegation fight this season.

My guess is that they won,t find any one ...

Just a waste of time and energy....and a loss of morale as people keep coming and going and allegiance are made and broken!

Rovers have the foundation of a team, yes but what is the basis of that team

a struggling one, with the only cutting edge players have been cashed in, and rovers can,t afford replacements any where near good enough imo.......

to be honest with you i think the budget has been reduced again ,but of course LP and PJ are not gonna tell anyone that are they....

M

Mal

Look where spending money they didnt have has got Sheffield united and Wednesday, Charlton, Plymouth, Preston.......

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
to be honest with you i think the budget has been reduced again ,but of course LP and PJ are not gonna tell anyone that are they....

The accounts are public so they won't lie.

I might remind you that our budget is so small because people like you don't show up to games. And you're well within your rights not to, but it's a touch rich to sit there moaning about how money and time is or isn't spent when you've invested none of it into the club in the first place.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Rovers have the foundation of a team, yes but what is the basis of that team

a struggling one, with the only cutting edge players have been cashed in, and rovers can,t afford replacements any where near good enough imo.......

Are you suggesting that we should have held onto Jennings, given he'd be able to leave in a year and on a free if he went abroad?

We don't seem to have unearthed any gems thus far amongst the trialists. I'd have hoped Rovers might have a bit more money for wages to tempt out of contract players into signing earlier, but it seems not. I'm hoping to make the Marine friendly and see how things are shaping up.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I went to Prestatyn today, and thought we generally played well and were unlucky to lose the game.

The youngsters did ok, but the standout performance from the non-regular players came from Max Power, who looks ready for the step up to first team duty now.

Adam McGurk also looked very sharp, although he did miss a sitter near the end. If we can't atrract a decent second striker I would happy to see Adam partnering Enoch in a 4-4-2, injuries permitting of course.

Like Boz, I am slightly alarmed at the apparent poor standard of the trialists, with no apparent signings of established players on the horizon, but at least we have a more solid base in place than in the last couple of seasons.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Did Sam Hart play left back? How did he get on?

Adam McGurk also looked very sharp, although he did miss a sitter near the end. If we can't atrract a decent second striker I would happy to see Adam partnering Enoch in a 4-4-2, injuries permitting of course.

Definitely.

The good thing about Max is that he's definitely physically able to step up and play in central midfield at first team level, and he doesn't mind putting himself about a bit (similar to Joss). He certainly won't be shy when he makes his debut. Good prospect.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
LP said we are supposed to be signing someone tomorrow, any ideas?

edit on skysports, he was saying that clubs are taking to pish re:transfers cos they think we are loaded now with the jenno money...hinted about what i can only guess was the ryan lowe transfer not happening cos bury want too much..

M

Mal

When did Les say we were signing someone tomorrow? Haven't seen anything online.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's apparently something he said at the game yesterday. I doubt it will set pulses racing.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
I went to Prestatyn today,

Like Boz, I am slightly alarmed at the apparent poor standard of the trialists, with no apparent signings of established players on the horizon, but at least we have a more solid base in place than in the last couple of seasons.

I rest my Case....

" when the opposite is quite obviously the case." sonko ](*,)

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Did Sam Hart play left back? How did he get on ?

We certainly had a triallist at left back, but I am not sure whether it was Hart. If it was one and the same, he did ok, but I am not sure I would sign him on the basis of what I saw.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
o/s has David Buchanan featuring @ left-back.