• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Transfer rumours

drwhoman

DALE JENNINGS

Recommended to Bayern by Didi Hamann the former Liverpool player apparently. Also now the new Stockport Manager - good luck mate you will need it!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
He may not need that much luck as they have money to spend now

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Suppose so Boz. But he could have said he was a good shot stopper or something, weird that he singled out his communication skills if he's not a good communicator. Time will tell I suppose.

Several of the bookings Joss got last season were for dissent and diving

Yeah, painful to watch at times. I rate him ahead of any of our other midfielders though. Sort of player you'd hate to play against.

Player
Liam Palmer
I think Bayerns second team are now in league 4 of the german league so will be a fairly low standrad

It's not that low a standard. It's not as fast and furious as the fourth tier of English football, the emphasis is on greater technical ability and passing. You never see hoofball. I think Dale's game will develop playing in Germany.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You never see hoofball.
Football the way its meant to be played, might pop over and take in a few games. Sick of seeing this hoofball shennanigans.

Had to laugh at Fon Williams' comments, but it's just the usual claptrap they come out with. I just hope he's good enough to fill Gulasci and Warner's boots.

M

Mal

Jeez. Not a ball kicked in the new season and such negativity. I suggest we see how it goes. How many times had a team that was almost promoted been in relegation zone season after and vice versatile. How the team played last season does not necessarily indicate what will happen next. Let's wait at least 10 games before the slagging or praising begins.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
It's not that low a standard. It's not as fast and furious as the fourth tier of English football, the emphasis is on greater technical ability and passing. You never see hoofball. I think Dale's game will develop playing in Germany.

It's an awful standard. It's semi-pro. The English lower leagues are much stronger than their European counterparts.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think it is widely accepted that the English lower divisions are at a higher standard than their continental counterparts, but the fact that Bayern choose to blood their youngsters in the fourth tier of German football gives some credence to Tartan's comments regarding the emphasis on skill rather than physique: you can't imagine Arsenal putting their reserves in League Two can you ?

Regarding Labadie, his petulance deservedly cost him numerous bookings last season, but I think he was very harshly treated by refs for his alleged 'diving' (MK Dons away for example).

drwhoman

TRANSFERS

On Labadie, the head referee would deny it but players do get 'reputations' and he does have to rid himself of this. On Williams, I agree with Mal. Time will tell with these new players. Maybe he had area command problems because he was not confident in the players in front of him - at Stockport they were rubbish and at Rochdale he simply did not know them. If he builds up an understanding with McCrystal and Goodi then hopefully it will be different. We still need some more players but Akins has not signed yet! Could be that our player focus has changed with a bit of money in the tin for Jennings. This said, has he actually signed yet? The clubs have agreed a fee but he needs to like Munich!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
"Stronger". You hit the nail on the head. But not better.

If that were the case, these technically brilliant semi-professional European footballers would all be plying their trade over here. Although we can speculate that overall there might be a greater emphasis on technique in Germany than in England, the fourth level of German football will be physically, competitively and technically inferior to League One.

I think it is widely accepted that the English lower divisions are at a higher standard than their continental counterparts, but the fact that Bayern choose to blood their youngsters in the fourth tier of German football gives some credence to Tartan's comments regarding the emphasis on skill rather than physique: you can't imagine Arsenal putting their reserves in League Two can you ?

You can't imagine Arsenal putting their reserves in League Two, but if that was the accepted system over here then we wouldn't think anything of it. I don't think it inherently suggests anything about national footballing identity/ideology. Either way, Jenno should tear that league apart.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
I'm sure that won't be a problem. Amazing opportunity for him.

Sent jenno a dvd ...just on the do,s and dont,s of living in Germany ...........one of the episodes of faulty towers ..!
:smile:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think the Jennings transfer completed today.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
So les will soon be doing his 'im in the money' dance? :whistle:

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
According to today's Mail, Capello wants to fast-track Jennings into the England set-up and he is likely to be given his under 21 debut in September.

Whether this is true remains to be seen, but if so, it is a pity he didn't get England recognition while still in a Rovers shirt.