• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The club have an option on Hawkes contract
Oldham had an option on Yarney. Without knowing the exact terms, it’s hard to know where we stand, but if Hawkes doesn’t want to take up that option suspect we couldn’t enforce it.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Oldham had an option on Yarney. Without knowing the exact terms, it’s hard to know where we stand, but if Hawkes doesn’t want to take up that option suspect we couldn’t enforce it.
It's a club option so it's down to the club if they want to take it up or not, there's also a percentage of any transfer fee that will go to Sunderland

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They problem with Hawkes is that he doesn't defend hence the bench warming last week. A good home player but a puzzle on the road. I don't think we'll keep him for these reasons.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Who knows what the terms of a players contract are but as much as I like Hawkes, if he wants to leave then there is no point in keeping an unhappy player. Especially if we can get a fee for him.

He will have had his nose put out not only by the form of apter but also Morris who is playing well on Josh’s favourite side. You’d think he should knuckle down to get his place back but if he’s had a sniff that clubs like Carlisle or Fleetwood want him who play at a higher level (but may come down), then so be it

Adkins confirms Saunders is out injured and O’Connor will be touch and go for Saturday. No real update on Leake or Belehouan but Luke Norris is progressing and aiming to be back in the fold at the end of February.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Its very quiet on ins and outs. We know they are waiting on the jewel in the crown but how long can we afford to wait.
Probably summer is the answer. Palios will see every point before the window shuts as extra insurance against the now most unlikely. Two clubs are nowhere near on course for 40 and two others less than 46.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The Office Party Hard GIF

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I’m made up Robbie is returning. I always hoped but never believed it until it happened.

Actually, that is the window almost sorted. Maybe a striker and certainly a centre-back (unless Belehouan stays), but no more. Let’s not damage the team spirit Nigel has carefully built. It’s a good squad and it doesn’t need much improvement, so for once Mark can keep his cheque book in his pocket this window.

I like Merrie and Hawkes, but neither will see much action again this season (barring injuries), so the club would be justified in cashing in on them. Personally, I rate Hawkes and I’d like to keep him, but he may well want away if a suitable offer arrives.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Cast my vote as a draw on the MKD thread before I saw this news. Not that we're a one man team or anything, but I'm just going to trundle over and change it....

drwhoman

Great news! On another, sadder, note, Glatzel has moved permanently to Swindon. What might have been!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Great news! On another, sadder, note, Glatzel has moved permanently to Swindon. What might have been!
I wonder if we showed any interest. It certainly would have been a big risk, but I expect we didn’t have the money anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.