• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
JDC linked with Bristol Rovers. Luke Norris with his experience would be a good signing

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Connor was impressive against us at PP.
Yes and I also think it showed we have not particularly improved the side in recent seasons and that is not meant to sound derogatory towards Jennings at all but he is much better than some of the other players we have brought in.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes and I also think it showed we have not particularly improved the side in recent seasons and that is not meant to sound derogatory towards Jennings at all but he is much better than some of the other players we have brought in.
I think that is certainly true at centre forward and even the attacking midfield positions, with certain exceptions.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Agreed. I actually think he was finally starting to adjust to L1 football at the point the season was ended. Unfortunately his career was massively disrupted thereafter, but class is permanent, as they say.

Player
Ian Goodison
Kristian Dennis signs a two year deal having scored 20 goals for Carlisle last season.

My Carlisle supporting mate is sad to see him leave quite an infectious character apparently.

The quality of this signing has surprised me.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well I never saw that coming. Carlisle offered him a new deal but perhaps at his age it was only a year.

He’s a proper goal poacher

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Excellent and what a refreshing change to sign not only a proper striker but nice and early too! Very pleased with that.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Well I never saw that coming. Carlisle offered him a new deal but perhaps at his age it was only a year.

He’s a proper goal poacher
He was offered 1 year with a 2nd based on appearances

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
He was offered 1 year with a 2nd based on appearances
Perhaps they said at his age and in league one game time might be less. But great for us.

Wonder if we’ll try and ship Hemmings out now….

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It is imperative we play to his strengths. Don’t want Dennis wandering out wide like Kane does. You put crosses into the box then he’ll get on the end of them. He’s a penalty box predator

Reactions: Ian
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A penny for Mellon's thoughts, when you consider some of the dross he had to bring in in the striking positions in the last couple of years....

A signing that arrived twelve months too late for him.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Hope he does go useless as for Dennis I am made up well happy with it we need another forward and some good wide players too

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The positive with Dennis is he’s a proven striker. Hopefully he can deliver for Rovers.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A penny for Mellon's thoughts, when you consider some of the dross he had to bring in in the striking positions in the last couple of years....

A signing that arrived twelve months too late for him.
A very good point. The fact Dawes and Adkins are making the point about we need more experience this year shows how hard done by Micky was having to work with something that he never liked and didn’t work.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The positive with Dennis is he’s a proven striker. Hopefully he can deliver for Rovers.
Yes, I guess we said that about Hemmings too! Like you say hopefully he can deliver.

drwhoman

Let us hope that this signing encourages other decent players to either resign or sign. Blind Freddie could see what Rovers key problem was last season!

Status
Not open for further replies.