• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Vaughan was also over 30 and on his way down. We cannot sign anyone on his way up as we can’t afford decent transfer fees. In the last few years, we have only been able to afford youngsters like Jolley, whose career had stalled, or Nevitt, who was a part-timer playing several tiers below.

I agree about the pace, but surely we can replace both Hawkes and Maynard. We only need three players - those two plus another central defender.
Vaughan was a class act who had played at the very highest level, so even 'on his way down' he was a cut above this level. I dont think it is fair to compare him to Doyle.

Agree, another centre back would be useful, and if hawkes goes then that leaves a big hole.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Doyle is still capable of scoring goals at this level, but it is highly unlikely he will come here.

drwhoman

Happy birthday to the evergreen Peter Clarke who turns 40 today.

What a signing he has been. I suspect he’ll keep going and may even have his eye on 1,000 career appearances! Although think he’ll still need a few years playing
I agree. The oldest EFL player? Tony Ford from Rochdale 42/43??

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Peter orourke has tweeted Josh McPake due for medical tomorrow
Good news to get him in early. Sunderland are thinking of recalling hawkes but they’ve said they’ll only do it if he’s going to be needed in their first team. I always remember Jake Cassidy I think being recalled by wolves during his great spell with us and playing a game or two for them and then disappearing from their first team never to be seen again.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Good news to get him in early. Sunderland are thinking of recalling hawkes but they’ve said they’ll only do it if he’s going to be needed in their first team. I always remember Jake Cassidy I think being recalled by wolves during his great spell with us and playing a game or two for them and then disappearing from their first team never to be seen again.
That was under Dean Saunders and he was never the same player again

Player
ian goodison
correct me if I,m wrong but I seem to re-call us and Doncaster were in the promotion race at the time and story I heard was saunders took him back to help his former club,

Player
Manager
John King
correct me if I,m wrong but I seem to re-call us and Doncaster were in the promotion race at the time and story I heard was saunders took him back to help his former club,
Yes, that was probably part of the reason, although why Saunders wanted him ahead of Leigh Griffiths, who was also out on loan, is anybody's guess.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Yes, that was probably part of the reason, although why Saunders wanted him ahead of Leigh Griffiths, who was also out on loan, is anybody's guess.
From my vague memory Griffiths was doing very well out on loan and seemed the obvious one to recall

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
According to companies House there has been snow injection of £400k into the club, I presume this is from the Indonesians

Player
Manager
John King
According to companies House there has been snow injection of £400k into the club, I presume this is from the Indonesians
It was around the time that MP sold the Riverhill, so could just be the conversion of his loans to capital. However, time will tell.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Scott Davies confirms his retirement. Overall he did a great job for us and will be missed

Player
Jonny Morrisey
Scotty has a been a great servant and ambassador for the club and knows what it means to be a Tranmere player. I'm genuinely grateful for his service and hope he does well in future ventures.....maybe a GK coach for the future!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Mcpake confirmed very happy with this
Great news and if his performance at PP last season is anything to go by when he was excellent for Harrogate then he’s a real asset. Whether this impacts on hawkes staying remains to be seen but it might mean the likes of Feeney or mcmanaman might move on, or even duffy

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Great news and if his performance at PP last season is anything to go by when he was excellent for Harrogate then he’s a real asset. Whether this impacts on hawkes staying remains to be seen but it might mean the likes of Feeney or mcmanaman might move on, or even duffy
I would think Duffy will go, thr other 2 are under contract until end of season so will be difficult to offload

drwhoman

Good news. From his comments, our involvement in the promotion battle was a key issue in his joining us. He might have thought differently a couple of months ago! There will be the usual problem in finding a decent experienced striker. With already having Jolley, Nevitt and Glatzel I am not sure there is much point in going for a young unproven player. Duffy was only on a 6 mth contract so I would be surprised if that is renewed.