• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
That’s a shame. I’d optimistically thought that given they’d just loaned a forward player out to Barrow that they weren’t so depleted personnel wise. Hope we get Josh back at the end of the month.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This is the problem with loaned players. They are cheap and low risk, but you have no control. At least we had a plan B in the other Josh and we may see Josh number one return in due course. I'd love to see them both in operation. ;)

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
That’s a shame. I’d optimistically thought that given they’d just loaned a forward player out to Barrow that they weren’t so depleted personnel wise. Hope we get Josh back at the end of the month.
He will probably return in a week or 2 once the covid issues at Sunderland have eased.

ADD

Player
Norwood
He will probably return in a week or 2 once the covid issues at Sunderland have eased.
Unless he has improved so much under our tutelage he goes straight into the team:)
In all seriousness losing him even for a couple of games is not good news. Hopefully McPake is fit enough to play some part today even if not starting.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Potentially another striker it seems.
I was thinking today despite a goal each for Nevitt and Jolley will still need another front man. Perhaps one with a physical presence.

The slimline Nevitt confirmed post match he’s lost 1.5 stone over the last couple of months

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We have only got three available strikers, and one of those has had long term injury problems (Glatzel), so just in terms of numbers I think we need another forward.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, again, we don’t want the same problems as last year. Nevitt looks slimmer, faster and I think this whole experience has brought him on massively. He seems to be getting better with every performance. Fair play to the lad.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes. You can see the improvements on the pitch as their movement is much better now and making it hard for opposing defenders.

drwhoman

Yes, again, we don’t want the same problems as last year. Nevitt looks slimmer, faster and I think this whole experience has brought him on massively. He seems to be getting better with every performance. Fair play to the lad.
If he continues to develop he will be a rarity in this day and age. A park footballer made good. Was he ever on a top club’s books? He is not Vardy obviously but while the latter went to Leicester from then non league Fleetwood, he was a former Man City junior.

Player
aldo
one-off the reasons we are defending so well is with the two Lads up top harring and chasing the ball down and harassing the opposition players, and with both of them scoring goals now,its great having two young lads with loads of energy who ever MM brings in will have big shoes to fill

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Good point AM. Not that many teams play two recognised strikers these days but it shows it can be done if they are willing to work hard off the ball

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We have only got three available strikers, and one of those has had long term injury problems (Glatzel), so just in terms of numbers I think we need another forward.
What's happening with Dieseruvwe? Although whether he's done enough to count as a striker is debatable.

When Tom Davies went down after a challenge and needed treatment, I was getting worried. Thankfully he saw the game out. However with both him and Knight-Percival being injury-prone, do hope that some central defensive back-up is on Micky's shopping list.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
What's happening with Dieseruvwe? Although whether he's done enough to count as a striker is debatable.

When Tom Davies went down after a challenge and needed treatment, I was getting worried. Thankfully he saw the game out. However with both him and Knight-Percival being injury-prone, do hope that some central defensive back-up is on Micky's shopping list.
I just assume he is not remotely in Mellon's plans. I am sure he will move him on this month if he can.

I agree that we need a centre half and a striker.