• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

Player
aldo
Kirby says in his interview that Daws called him. he says he also talked to spearing. good job lads saw some of his passing he has a good eye on him quite like this already

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Matt Jones has Tweeted that there is likely to be more movement in and out next week.

Ellis and O'Connor seem the most likely departures, but perhaps also CBT and Manny, although the latter seems to be back in the fold at the moment.

Player
aldo
we could do with someone who can get up top with Vaughn, and although Khan has done good we need someone used to playing there

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Ellis was told several weeks ago jhe can find a new club as he does not fit in the managers plans, KH said after the game that there likely will be signings, hope it's not another left back.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Don’t see why Ellis has fallen so out of favour, but we’ve enough central defenders on the books. I really hope that KH is going to get a genuine right-back in if O’Connor remains out of favour and returns to Celtic, though I don’t think he’s been that bad. Khan has done a good job as makeshift right-back, but it’s not his natural position and he’s got away with a few things already, don’t feel that luck will last.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree with Boz about Ellis. I’ve always been a big fan of mark from his FGR days. He’s brave and has a goal in him and before the first lockdown him and Clarke were immense. He’s had injuries but I guess Hill just doesn’t rate him as first choice and it may be that mark wants first team football at his age. Plus we have Sid and Ray as back up. A shame though if he leaves.

Ferrier leaving may also depend on him wanting first team football, a bit like Banks. CBT may want to go for similar reasons even though he’s younger. But suspect unlike the others he may have had interest from bigger clubs offering more money. I would keep OConnor who has missed some games due to COVID and international call ups.
could be an interesting few days

Player
Manager
John King
I can only assume Hill does not want to keep Ellis because he is limited on the ball and he wants us to play out from the back. It can't be down to his defensive abilities.

Player
aldo
yes, a 20-year-old striker scored 2 in the Micky mouse cup against Liverpool 21s, only LG goal was in Non-LG young and Raw, well come, Charlie, all we need is a Chocolate factory lol, some good young blood in the team now

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Charlie Jolley joins who Keith suggests can play anywhere in the forward line. I take that to mean he may play wide and give more competition for Woolery and Lloyd in a 4-3-3. Personally I would have preferred a target man but interesting the club have actually paid money albeit probably not much, in these uncertain times.

May also mean that Ferrier is on his way, or Payne (the latter linked with a loan move to Grimsby).

Player
Manager
John King
Hill perhaps also keen to change the age profile of the squad, as he wants to play at a high tempo.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Don’t think he featured in the EFL game, he certainly didn’t start it? Given Wigan’s financial woes and pared down squad, surprising he wasn’t given much opportunity there if he’s got potential. Would like Jake Burton to be given another go, if we’re going down the inexperienced striker route.
Curiously we’ve already had a Charlie Jolley on the books who played a handful of games for Rovers in the 50s

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Great, he was rubbish to be honest.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Young lad sounds promising, Wigan supporters seem to rate him.