• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Ray is actually better at bringing the ball out than the other two and that might be what swings it in Hill's mind, given the style of football he wants to play.

However, I am not convinced Nelson will be going anywhere. He has been preferred to Ray in the recent past.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It will be interesting where CBT ends up if he does leave. He was linked with the likes of Celtic and Notts Forest once but I don’t want to see another young player leave us and end up warming the bench or disappearing altogether.
You can understand the older players like Ellis and Banks leaving because they want first team football as the clock is ticking, but we all know how inconsistent CBT can be (understandable with a young player), and he may well end up on better money but not getting many minutes.
Of course he’s not getting many minutes at the moment with us but you do wonder if part of that is because Hill knows Corey wants to be elsewhere

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's hard to see that many coming in for Corey, after a patchy season so far, though there have been positive moments like the goals v Carlisle and Leicester kids. Probably the best we can do is get a nominal fee and a sell-on clause.

Player
Manager
John King
In fairness to Corey, he was excellent for all of the Dawes caretaker period and was key to turning our form around. However, he has not performed under Hill, for whatever reason

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
In fairness to Corey, he was excellent for all of the Dawes caretaker period and was key to turning our form around. However, he has not performed under Hill, for whatever reason

Yes he was unplayable at times. You do wonder what has gone on behind closed doors since Keith arrived. Is it his attitude or doesn’t Hill not think he’ll fit into his current system? Hopefully we find out. A shame if we lose him but if we get promotion he’ll be long forgotten

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I just don’t think he fits into what KH wants from his players which is from what he’s said previous is 100% commitment and attitude every game.

Player
aldo
it's going to be interesting who if any we get in or move on I think it will be no surprise to see CBT go, he is as good as bad at times and I think with the likes of Lloyd and Feeney his playing time is Limited

Player
Manager
John King
An ITK poster on the other site has suggested both CBT and Ferrier want to leave today.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Can't see both of them being allowed to leave unless replacements brought in. Particularly for Ferrier, given our limited striking options with both Payne and Smith gone.

Player
Manager
John King
I think the implication was that replacements would be brought in, at least for Ferrier.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Understandable i guess. I don't think these two will get many games under KH.

Player
Ian Goodison
Our neighbours on the other side of the Mersey are pulling out all the stops to sign Preston`s Ben Davies. I have to be honest i cant remember him pulling up trees whilst on loan with us?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Various people are hinting at Norwood on loan..

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Ipswich have signed a pacy striker on loan from Tottenham. This will mean Nors even more down the pecking order at Portman Road......

Anyone want to drive down and pick James up?!
Wages !

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Ipswich have signed a pacy striker on loan from Tottenham. This will mean Nors even more down the pecking order at Portman Road......

Anyone want to drive down and pick James up?!
I'd carry him on my back! ;)
Wages may not be too much of an issue. If Nors is not likely to feature for them, I would expect Ipswich would be happy for just a contribution to his salary. MP has hinted that money should not be an obstacle if we can keep below the salary cap. Having lost Payne, Young, Smith and Banks but only signed Kirby and Jolley so far in this window, there is surely space for a biggish wage - especially if CBT or Ferrier leave.

It's not impossible and what a boost for the club, the squad and the fans!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Plus MP did suggest we are financially able to pay half decent money. Unless the cap impacts on things

Player
Manager
John King
I think it is highly unlikely Ipswich would let him go anywhere without a substantial contribution to his wages. He is on 8k per week and is still featuring for them.

Our highest paid player is on 1.5k per week.