• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Think he did but didn't play very well.

Bunney has had a better offer from Grimsby which I think is good as we dont need a player in that position.
Agreed. I would be happy with Crawford. We need cover in that position and it sounds like he did well under Hill at Bolton last season.

Player
Manager
John King
Did he play against us recently?

Bolton are linked with Marcos Maddison ex posh which would be a great signing
He would be crazy to drop to the bottom half of League Two surely ? He is a Championship standard player.

Player
aldo
would be ok but not the exiting player Hill was getting at in his interview the other day methinks

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Crawford was underwhelming in the recent game, have to hope it was an out of character performance.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
There are rumours of David Nugent. I think he is the kind of striker we could do with.
An 18-month deal might tempt him and it would be yet another Scouser returning to Merseyside in the twilight of his career! He won't win anything with Preston this season, but he probably still has the skill and fitness to do well in League Two. The prospect of winning something might tempt him here.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
He would be crazy to drop to the bottom half of League Two surely ? He is a Championship standard player.

yes I agree he’s a decent player. Hasn’t settled at charlton but surely league one clubs would be lining up for him. Probably just an unfounded rumour

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Crawford I know very little about but his record in the SPL is very good and apparently signed for Bolton turning down league one clubs.

Really not sure about Nugent.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Can’t see Hill changing from his current one striker in the middle so unless nugent could play wide (unlikely at his age), I’m guessing he’ll be cover for Vaughan

Player
Manager
John King
Can’t see Hill changing from his current one striker in the middle so unless nugent could play wide (unlikely at his age), I’m guessing he’ll be cover for Vaughan
Might allow us to rotate with the hectic schedule we have coming up.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would think Nugent will start regularly if he signs

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Nugent rumour gathering pace.

Player
Manager
John King
unlike the player himself....
The Preston fans seem to think his legs have gone, but we will see.

It reminds me a bit of the GTF signing. I actually thought he did ok for us, but he was playing in a Brabin side that lacked pace elsewhere and was very pedestrian. If we can get bodies with more energy around Nugent it might work out.