• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
So we could at a push afford around a quarter of his wages, can't see it happening but would be happy to be proven wrong.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I don’t think he’ll come but no harm in dreaming. Although when cookie came back I was over the moon but it just wasn’t the same...a bit like an old flame

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
So we could at a push afford around a quarter of his wages, can't see it happening but would be happy to be proven wrong.
Theoretically up to 3k (proportionally) if we used all of the wages saved on Banks and Payne, although we apparently had to pay up part of Payne's contract.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Let's keep dreaming ! Some kind of announcement would be welcome though.

Player
Manager
John King
There are rumours of David Nugent. I think he is the kind of striker we could do with.

Player
Manager
John King
I’m not sure. He’s 36 in May and don’t think he’s played much football of late.
I thought he was still playing semi regularly for Preston but perhaps that was last season.

Either way, I think we could do with someone who is good with his back to goal to complement Vaughan.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes especially if Ferrier is leaving. I’d just like another striker with a decent goal record as Ferrier and Payne apart from an odd season have never set the world alight anywhere.

other deadline news is that Adam Phillips last act for morcambe was to miss the penalty on Saturday as he’s been recalled and sent to league 1 Accrington.

Player
Manager
John King
Yes especially if Ferrier is leaving. I’d just like another striker with a decent goal record as Ferrier and Payne apart from an odd season have never set the world alight anywhere.

other deadline news is that Adam Phillips last act for morcambe was to miss the penalty on Saturday as he’s been recalled and sent to league 1 Accrington.
That is a big blow to Morecambe.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Did he play against us recently?

Bolton are linked with Marcos Maddison ex posh which would be a great signing
Think he did but didn't play very well.

Bunney has had a better offer from Grimsby which I think is good as we dont need a player in that position.