• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Starting football again

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I see the Premier League is now trying to blackmail lower division clubs into accepting B teams in return for financial assistance. If that happened I would walk away from football.
it was mentioned by Dan Ashcroft of Brighton but I'm not sure there is that.much interest in it happening just yet.

I'm the unlikely.event the league was voided, I wonder if the tv monies would have to be handed back

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I see the Premier League is now trying to blackmail lower division clubs into accepting B teams in return for financial assistance. If that happened I would walk away from football.
Frankly, I fail to see what is to be achieved by this. The EPL have their own "reserve" leagues and the standard must be at least as high as L1 and L2. It would not help the EPL and would ruin the integrity of the EFL and further frustrate the ambitions the NL.

drwhoman

The fundamental problem is that self interest conquers all and the wisdom of Job will be needed to fix it! I am not hopeful that there will not be an outcome without people hiking off to court which some owners, who love to grandstand, will do. We can only hope that common sense prevails!

Player
aldo
see some german players now in isolation as two of them are positive how the hell can they restart it's going to be a farce. also they said on talk sport , that there is to be no tackling allowed . no hugging after goals and no heading or in other words no contact in the sport its going to be crazy can see games being 20 - 20

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I didn't see the game but in South Korea there was a game yesterday, don't know if there was tackling but I would think there was

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Behind closed doors sporting events could be allowed.from.June 1st

Last edited:

ADD

Player
Norwood
Sadly it is looking more and more like that... I appreciate that MP is mindful of the game as a whole but I am slightly perplexed by the fact he does not seem to want to fight that hard for a solution that keeps us up.Maybe he thinks that long term financially we would be better off in L2 next season?

drwhoman

He probably fought very hard ADD but at the end of the day something has to be done for the long term good of the game. You only have to look at some of the self serving infighting in the Premier League to realise how, if everyone continues to fight for their own advantage, then in the end we will all be worse off. A season is but a few months and we must all hope that life will return to something vaguely like normal at the end of all this whichever Division we are in. The Division is not unimportant but it is the team being able to play and for us to enjoy them that is the key thing.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Sadly it is looking more and more like that... I appreciate that MP is mindful of the game as a whole but I am slightly perplexed by the fact he does not seem to want to fight that hard for a solution that keeps us up.Maybe he thinks that long term financially we would be better off in L2 next season?
I don't see any evidence that he is not fighting hard to protect our interests. Privately, I am sure all sorts of work is going on but ultimately he only has one vote among twenty three clubs.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It just makes it more likely we will be relegated. If the EPL completes the season and relegates teams the lower divisions will also be forced to promote and relegate on PPG.
Maybe, but there is a lot of opposition to relegation from the EPL this year because of the unfairness of neutral grounds.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
if the prem does not play any more football then the payments to.lower league teams will be less for next season, if they do manage to play this season there is the strong possibility that they will give more funds to the.leagues.

Player
Manager
John King
if the prem does not play any more football then the payments to.lower league teams will be less for next season, if they do manage to play this season there is the strong possibility that they will give more funds to the.leagues.
That remains to be seen. So far they have offered zero assistance to the lower divisions and historically any 'assistance' they gave had strings attached and was ultimately detrimental to lower league clubs.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The championship are aiming to start before the pram according to reports and that league's 1 & 2 will.just play the play offs. It is looking more likely that we will be relegated.

I will be seriously unhappy if we get relegated.

drwhoman

If we are relegated do we take legal action? Might not be worth the expense but we can only see how events unfold. Any solution is not going to please everyone.

Player
Manager
John King
The championship are aiming to start before the pram according to reports and that league's 1 & 2 will.just play the play offs. It is looking more likely that we will be relegated.

I will be seriously unhappy if we get relegated.
I think our only hope is that it proves impossible for the top two divisions to restart.

Player
Manager
John King
If we are relegated do we take legal action? Might not be worth the expense but we can only see how events unfold. Any solution is not going to please everyone.
MP has already said that we won't take legal action ourselves but will piggy back on those bigger clubs that do.