• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Stags v Rovers

Match result

• Mansfield

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw

• Tranmere

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stags v Rovers
Posted by Ian
One Call Stadium
Saturday, October 30, 2021 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, October 30, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Glatzel and Duffy on. Macca and Feeney off.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Better start for Rovers. Davie fires over when he should have done better from a corner.

Outoftowner

Player
Chris Merrie
Manager
Micky Mellon
The options on the bench not exactly going to change the game around, rumours that Walker had a falling out with Micky so can't even get on the bench
Why can’t Merrie get on the bench ?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Rovers looking mile better this half. Duffy making a difference. Need to get that ball over the line!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Game over 1 point out of 9 dropping down the table

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh FFS. Defence fell apart. 2-0.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Doesnt take much to be better than the first half....we just have no pace and weve just proved why.....totally out run..again. All over now...we are shocking

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
No need to report, just cut and paste from last week, and then use it again, and again, and again!

Goals win game, Mani and Nevitt do not score goals...........

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
The clean sheets were never going to last and our terrible recruitment in strikers is coming back to haunt us. Also giving Feeney another year was questionable given his form late last season and whatever is going on with Walker isn’t helping either

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Dont let me read from the naysayers that this was just another blip, that our performance was half decent because we have been poor in every aspect of the game...those who said it was ok so long as we limit the number of goals conceded...well only scoring goals wins you games and we cant.

Reactions: Boz

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We didn't even make Mansfield work for the victory. It was just too easy. Not an acceptable performance from Rovers.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
After last Saturday it was important there was no over reaction - it was only one game and before that we’d been on a good run. But that’s two poor performances on the bounce, even with a let off with the missed penalty today.
Some may say the chickens are coming home to roost with our poor attacking form now we’re conceding 2 goals each in our last 3 games. Clarke is still our top scorer which can’t be right.

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Oh dear, I got half the score correct (probably the most predictable half). Last week we were soundly beaten by a good Northampton side which you could rationalise about. Today we lost to a poor Mansfield side; no such thing as a false position, they were second from bottom for a reason. Looking at the table, the bottom four have all scored eleven goals, the same tally as us. Doesn’t bode well if we don’t turn that stat around. I’ve admired Nevitt’s workrate and endeavour, but he does look a little out of his depth at this level; Mani, well, he’s just drowning. Don’t think Maynard will be the answer either. January might be pivotal again. Unbelievably, we’re only one point off the play-off places, but not sure if we can sustain that touching distance on today’s showing.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Until January Maynard is the best option we have to score goals so Micky needs to find a system that can suit him.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
The clean sheets were never going to last and our terrible recruitment in strikers is coming back to haunt us. Also giving Feeney another year was questionable given his form late last season and whatever is going on with Walker isn’t helping either
Good point Sparky. I've been off the radar a bit. But I thought Nevitt was supposed to be a punt on potential (time will tell), Jolley for potential, although different process Glatzel maybe same category, Mani a different option and squad player........and Maynard brought in as on the list of strikers we all advocated in the window. Albeit not a marquee signing, but numero Uno shortly??? Maybe injured today, but not getting a look forward in when we're not scoring. If that's because he doesn't fit in with Mickey's way of playing I'd say the recruitment was truly shocking.

ADD

Player
Norwood
A shockingly inept performance today with only Foley and Duffy when he came on decent in my book. The number of misplaced passes was atrocious and the defence is looking poor as well now. MM now has the excuse as it is FA Cup next week to "rest" Doohan next Saturday - he has been found out with another rash challenge and a second penalty in 2 games. I also wonder if Clarke is carrying an injury as he has had by his standards 2 poor games now.
MM must share the blame however, bringing back Mani who hadn't even made the bench recently was a bizarre selection and sure enough he was awful - his close control shocking for a player at this level. He must surely now switch to 2 upfront be that Maynard and Glatzel or Nevitt.

Last edited: