• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v the Vegans

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Forest Green

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v the Vegans
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
I have said about 5 times I HAAAAAAAADDDD A DREAM THAT CLARKE WILL BANG A 95TH MIN WINNER 1-0 or 2-1

Player
aldo
nearly 9k sales let us get it to 10 tomorrow under 1000 left in the Kop could we sell that out,this is going to be Epic

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
it would be good if we could get it to 10k, but already heading for best gate of the season. There was a time when we used to freeze at games with a big turnout, but thankfully the play-offs seem to have cured that.

While I think a draw is the most likely outcome, all 3 results seem possible.

Any thoughts about how we'll line up for this one? Gather Micky mentioned there were some injury doubts, though it looked like both Davies and NKP back in training and Glatzel recovered from covid, so more options defensively and up front. I'd imagine one of the regular central defenders replaces Foley. Might there be a case for a Glatzel/Hemmings pairing up front or stick with Jolley, who will be up against a less physical defence than Crawley. Does Hawkes go straight back into the starting xi? More questions than usual and it's good we've so many options available.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
If all fit I would start Davies at the back for Foley keep the rest of the team the same as last week

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Micky said that Knight Percival has trained all week, but Davies is touch and go for Saturday.

I agree with Mart that we should be unchanged, save for Foley being replaced at centre back. I would have Glatzel and Hawkes on the bench.

I think it will be close to a complete sellout in the home stands.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Nervous about this one I have to admit - the run has to finish at some point and it would be typical that in front of such a big gate we get turned over by FGR.
If he is considered fully fit I would start Glatzel alongside Hemmings as I think his ability to spot space is better than Jolley or Nevitt and he and Hemmings will feed off one another.
Hopefully MM is merely trying to fool FGR and Davies is fit. Agreed re Hawkes being on the bench.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They will never get big gates AM. Let's just hope we come away with the three points.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hopefully Tom Davies is fit as otherwise Micky has to decide whether to stick with Foley or bring in NKP. The latter being a recognised centre back but hasn’t overly impressed so far (although he has been injured).

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
On the subject of FGR away attendance, if they bring 250 tomorrow it will be just over 10% of their average home attendance (in reality, with some largish away followings at The New Lawn, their average home support only is probably about 1800 or so, thus raising that 10% percentage to 13.89%). Would mean us taking 650 or so to the reverse fixture based on the 10% of our average home attendance or 833 based on 13.89% of an average of 6000 home supporters only at Prenton Park, so their away following is not as bad as it’s sometimes perceived; killing time before my evening drinks :) . Having said all that, and either sent you to sleep or bored you to tears in the process, I’m all for large away followings but just need to adjust expectations dependent on the visitors.
Onto tomorrow’s result; who knows……………..but I’ll sit on the fence and go for a feisty, ding-dong of a game, ending 1-1, but can just imagine the place bouncing if we do pull off a victory; the meat in the sandwich of a successful day!

Last edited:

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
On the subject of FGR away attendance, if they bring 250 tomorrow it will be just over 10% of their home attendance (in reality, with some largish away followings at The New Lawn, their average home support only is probably about 1800 or so, thus raising that 10% percentage to 13.89%). Would mean us taking 650 or so to the reverse fixture based on the 10% of our average home attendance or 833 based on 13.89% of an average of 6000 home supporters only at Prenton Park, so their away following is not as bad as it’s sometimes perceived; killing time before my evening drinks :) . Having said all that, and either sent you to sleep or bored you to tears in the process, I’m all for large away followings but just need to adjust expectations dependent on the visitors.
Onto tomorrow’s result; who knows……………..but I’ll sit on the fence and go for a feisty, ding-dong of a game, ending 1-1, but can just imagine the place bouncing if we do pull off a victory; the meat on the sandwich of a successful day!
Lol. I was thinking the same myself; hats off (or commiserations) to you for crunching the numbers!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Over 10,000 sold for tomorrow and heading for a complete sell out in the home stands.

When did we last sell out for a regular league game ? Probably not since Crewe in 1989.

drwhoman

Over 10,000 sold for tomorrow and heading for a complete sell out in the home stands.

When did we last sell out for a regular league game ? Probably not since Crewe in 1989.
I a sure it will be a great atmosphere! Let us hope that the team can get across the line with the SWA as 12th man!