• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v the Vegans

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Forest Green

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v the Vegans
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Always nice to see Prenton Park packed. Let's hope we get a performance on the pitch!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I’ve plucked up the courage and added my vote to the poll. I’m going for a 1-0 with Hemmings on target.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
I'm heading up the M6 for this one and looking forward to seeing a packed PP. I've no time for FGR after the Wembley debacle, especially as I couldn't make it to the next two more positive visits.

After 38 years as a Rovers fan I've learned not to get my hopes up. I'll take a draw and hope we don't freeze and get embarrassed.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Yes, February 2018 against Macclesfield was the last occasion (4-1 defeat....).

I can't remember a 1st v 2nd game this late in the season in the Football League in my supporting lifetime. In 2005 we played Hull when they were second and we were third in League One; in the mid nineties we played Bolton on the Easter Weekend in the Championship, when we both had a realistic chance of winning the league, but neither side was top; in our last automatic promotion season (88-89), we played Scunthorpe at Prenton Park in March when both teams were in the automatic promotion places.

However, I don't think I have seen a first v second encounter.
And I seem to recall we lost those games 6-1 (when the infamous Theo Whitmore ended up in goal) and 3-0 :rolleyes:

Player
aldo
yes been a long time coning just wish more would go to other games I have got my ticket for Tuesday wifey gave it as a late Xmas pressie today, bless her

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Is there any risk to the game with the strong winds, given what happened last year?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Barely a breeze here at the moment.

The forecast is not particularly bad and I can't see there being any issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boz
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Beb Paddock sold out and only 1,500 home tickets remain. We usually sell 1,000 to 1,500 on the day of the match for a bog standard game, so still heading for a complete sell out.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Thanks, winds pretty strong in Yorkshire atm and it looked like a similar forecast for Wirral.
Likewise East Lancashire. Glad to hear it's not as bad on t'Wirral.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Think it picks up a bit later but can’t see any problems for the game.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It's quite windy in heswall but don't think be any issues come kick off time.

ADD

Player
Norwood
NKP in for Davies who is not in squad. Jolley preferred to Glatzel who is on bench. Foley not in squad.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Guessing Foley must be either injured or covided, while Davies was always touch and go. Highlights the need for central defensive cover, though good that NKP back from injury to fill the slot. Otherwise much as expected.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Defensively we are looking very brittle, possible handball penalty to FGR not given.