• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v the Vegans

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Forest Green

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v the Vegans
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
The biggest game of the season to come can we fill the home areas of PPand Roar the boys home, it is going to be tough as they are on an amazing run too, can they muster more than 50 fans for it Christ they might bring a coach or a few mini busses, either way, we need the points just imagine its 0-0 And Clarke gets a 95th min header to win it that's the dream I had last night, with 12k home fans and 24 away fans

Player
aldo
ohh with 15 clean sheets in 26 games only Man city have conceded less 14,quite incredible 1 goal in 13 hours is the run we are on and as MM says the lads are leading from the from Amazing

Player
aldo
ohhh come on top of the table and only 100 fans have got tickets at the moment, joke tinpot club imagine what will happen when Vince leaves

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
This is one of the games I miss due to pre arranged commitments which I can't get out of, gutted not to be going and won't know any updates during the game

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Really looking forward to this one. I must be a while since we've been involved in a 1st v 2nd clash - perhaps VNL? Especially spicy since it is against a team who have become rivals via to our parallel(ish) rise over the past 5 or 6 seasons. Who could ever have guessed that such a rivalry would ever exist as they began to plot there way up the pyramid? It's a shame that, for obvious reasons, this rivalry can't be fuelled by the fan base! It would be a highlight of the season if a good turnout could shout the Omniverous Rovers over the line.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hoping for a cracking atmosphere as 1st and 2nd go head to head! Hopefully there will be a few more bums on seats and we can roar the lads to victory!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Our excellent defensive record will face its toughest test of late against a free scoring FG side. We’ll do well to keep a clean sheet on Saturday and hopefully Hemmings will be able to open his rovers account

Last edited:
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This could have been one of the highlights of the season with over 10k in attendance, but the Cowshed will be all but empty. However, I expect the SWA to be in full voice. I just hope for an entertaining game with a good referee. What I would hate is a weak ref who lets the opposition get away with a lot of niggling fouls and time wasting.
I think a draw is the most likely result, as neither side will want to lose. I am expecting 0-0 or a single goal either way. I hope we can squeeze another 1-0 win.

Player
aldo
well as I said before we will Kane this lote and have a Jolly good finish we will Nevitt give up 3-1 or 3-0 they will have 2 sent off and both there forwards Kidknaped by Chinese Triad gang and sold as slaves hahahahahahahahahahaha

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Referee is Lee Swabey, think from Devon and while I don't think he's been in the middle at PP before, unsure if he's taken charge of Rovers on our travels.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
This could have been one of the highlights of the season with over 10k in attendance, but the Cowshed will be all but empty. However, I expect the SWA to be in full voice. I just hope for an entertaining game with a good referee. What I would hate is a weak ref who lets the opposition get away with a lot of niggling fouls and time wasting.
I think a draw is the most likely result, as neither side will want to lose. I am expecting 0-0 or a single goal either way. I hope we can squeeze another 1-0 win.
It will be one of the highlights of the season, a good game of football played in front of an excellent crowd.

What is this patronising obsession with how many supporters Forest Green will or won't bring ? They are top of the league on merit and it will be a great occasion on Saturday.

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Fair play to any away fans who travel whoever they support. However, always adds to the atmosphere when there’s a decent number of them and some will never have a 12th man (11 and a quarter maybe).
FGR are having a great season and sit at the top of the table on merit. I don’t see any particular harm in a bit of banter and actually makes the game more interesting the rivalry we do have with them (not many decent rivalries of late). Without our previous tensions I’m sure our own crowd would be a little lighter on Saturday.
Like everyone else, really looking, forward to this one; they’re in good form, we’re in good form, they’re top, we’re second and it’s FGR!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’ve not seen much of FG since Mark Cooper left but given their form I can’t see them being cynical or frustrating. They will be full of confidence and although a draw would be a good result for them given our home record, I fully expect them to go for it. I just have a concern whether we can match their attacking ability but it should be a great game and and even better atmosphere amongst the SWA

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
It will be one of the highlights of the season, a good game of football played in front of an excellent crowd.

What is this patronising obsession with how many supporters Forest Green will or won't bring ? They are top of the league on merit and it will be a great occasion on Saturday.
I remember many, many occasions when travelling, in the bad old days, when down south on a Tuesday night with a handful of SWA. And sometimes, if it wasn't for the southern SWA, there would only be about forty in the away end!
how many times, has Audreys coach been full, going to Torquay, Exeter Colchester, Southend, Dover?

the first time we played at the New Lawn, I spoke to a board member, and one of the interesting things (just one) he said, he wondered, with the money their chairman had and the size of our support, he wondered if the chances of championship football would almost be a certainty! (Again)

The competitive attitude of FGR as a club, is to be applauded, not by the lack of support of a club that resides in the depths of nowhere in Gloucester!
Still can't get the taste of that veggie burger out my gob! Yuk!

Player
Manager
John King
I think we actually go into the game as slight favourites. FGR have drawn three of their last six games, and conceded five at Oldham just before Christmas. However, they have lost only twice all season and the game is too close to call.

It will be an interesting contrast in styles. Forest Green are a possession based team and will probably dominate the ball, whereas we will be happy to let them have it, provided their possession is not in dangerous areas. I think they play a similar style as previously under Cooper, but with more attacking menace with two prolific strikers and both their wing backs, Cadden and our own Kane Wilson, bombing on.

As well as Foley played at centre back on Saturday, we could really do with a fully fit Tom Davies alongside Clarke for this game.

Player
Manager
John King
I must be a while since we've been involved in a 1st v 2nd clash - perhaps VNL?
Yes, February 2018 against Macclesfield was the last occasion (4-1 defeat....).

I can't remember a 1st v 2nd game this late in the season in the Football League in my supporting lifetime. In 2005 we played Hull when they were second and we were third in League One; in the mid nineties we played Bolton on the Easter Weekend in the Championship, when we both had a realistic chance of winning the league, but neither side was top; in our last automatic promotion season (88-89), we played Scunthorpe at Prenton Park in March when both teams were in the automatic promotion places.

However, I don't think I have seen a first v second encounter.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think this will be a real tough, close game with both teams cancelling each other out. FGR will have no problems coming to attack us but our defence will hold tight. Let's hope we can show a bit of quality in the final third to punish them. We are one of the form teams and we are at home so we should leave nothing in the changing room and give them a real good game. I think a hard fought 1-1.