• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Cambridge

Match result

• Rovers

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cambridge

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Cambridge
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Monday, April 5, 2021 - 03:00 PM
Until: Monday, April 5, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A big set back sees spearing for off injured for Morris

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh no, hope Spearing is OK.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Murphy with a smart save keeps Cambridge out

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Some great play for Rovers, causing Cambridge lots of problems with Woolery, Lloyd and Feeney having good games.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Maybe it’s a good thing we dont have a decent striker as we’ve put several crosses into the box that have been really poor and a waste

Mustn’t grumble though

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Manny doing a great job against Mullin.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A decent half defensively as Murphy has had very little to do. I think they are vulnerable at the back so more goals for us here if we can improve the delivery into the box. Feeney so unlucky with that free kick.

I’d take 1-0 now though but some of Khans back passes give me palpitations! As we know 1-0 is never enough so need another. Lloyd has had a few knocks, hope he’s ok.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Superb half from Rovers and we have dominated. The only disappointment is we don't have a second goal as you would expect Cambridge to improve.

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
Khan needs to be careful with his back passing, especially to a left footed keeper.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
some of Khans back passes give me palpitations!
Yeah, seems to have cut that out now. The movement of the front three are causing them problems. More of the same Rovers!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
i was thinking a couple of months ago what a great spine we have with Scottie, Clarke, spearing and Vaughan. Now potentially 3 out of the 4 will be missing for a few games or worse
Yes, and Clarke is not fully fit either.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
One goal is rarely enough and on the first half showing we deserve to be further ahead. Monthe done well against both their strikers on his recall. Agree with the comments regarding Otis Khan, as well as the risky back-passes, his attacking play hasn’t been up to usual standards

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A good half, we are the better team so far but need another goal to be a bit more comfortable. Worrying the injury to spearing

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We usually have a lot of possession but i think we need to be careful this half. Going to need defense to be on top form. We might be able to counter with our pace and get a second. I don't think we'll score many with these players so I think it's important to keep it tight and not give them much.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Decent move down the right but it’s another poor cross into the box. We have to be positive and get that second goal