• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Cambridge

Match result

• Rovers

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cambridge

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Cambridge
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Monday, April 5, 2021 - 03:00 PM
Until: Monday, April 5, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would put O'Connor right back and move Khan further forward
If that is what he does, the line up will make more sense. I would also move Lewis back into midfield and play Lloyd up front.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I did think Keith would go cautious on this one, though having an unnecessary extra defensive midfielder in O'Connor is a tad excessive and I'd prefer Lewis back in his more suited central midfield role. No Burton/Jolley on the bench means we're stuck with the thus far tried and failed Nugent option if Lewis doesn't work out. CBT gives us something different, I suppose. Surprised Ray's been dropped. Given KH has shown little confidence with O'Connor at right-back, it would be a big surprise if he and Khan are played in their original positions.

Thinking draw at best now.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I'm going for a surprisingly comfortable victory to underline our glorious inconsistency. I don't have a particular problem if Lewis is up top again; there is as much to be said for sticking with a plan/personnel and working on improving it as making changes in either, especially with such a short turnaround between games. With it looking like the 2 holding midfielders there should be plenty of scope for at least 3 of the front 4 to push forward if we attack wide. What we do know is that without Vaughan in the team it will not stick if we lump it forward. We will need to create a lot of chances because our conversion rate won't be the same without JV and, unfortunately, that is something we are going to have to live with for the time being.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I was thinking the front 3 could be say Feeney Lloyd and Woolery so Lewis would be in midfield but who knows.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Obviously Mullin is a handful but ironside alongside him is decent so a real test for Manny coming back in

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Glad Ray got dropped. He looked very poor against Chelt and lacked confidence. We can use Manny to beat up Mullin a bit.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I expect Manny is in the side because of Mullin’s presence.

I agree with ONIGP that the team could surprise most fans. If we can start well and get an early goal, nerves will settle. Once in the lead, we are usually able to hold it. Well, that’s my theory!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Woolery and Lloyd on the wings with Lewis up top, Feeney just behind. O'Connor & Spearing protecting in midfield. Could work..

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Early signs see Lewis playing deeper and Lloyd through the middle I think

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Love that Lewis chap!!! Get in!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
WHAT A GOAL!! Feeney finds Lloyd whose great lay off sees Lewis finish well on the half volley

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Much better. Running at the opposition, some nice neat passing and a good finish.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Good goal, from our first effort.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We look so much better with Lloyd up front. O'Connor does not look comfortable in midfield though.