• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Cambridge

Match result

• Rovers

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cambridge

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Cambridge
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Monday, April 5, 2021 - 03:00 PM
Until: Monday, April 5, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
We could have ronaldo or Kane in our attack and they’d never score with our delivery from wide.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
CBT on for Lloyd. I would have kept Danny on possibly. Is it too late though? 9 minutes plus injury time

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They will happily take a point. Serious lack of quality this half. Just need a moment of magic.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Feeneys last cross sums up the second half. Frustrating.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Very frustrating as up until the penalty we were the better side. We lost our composure after that and could have played all night and wouldn’t have got a second goal. Once again an opposition keeper has had very little to do over the 90 minutes. All the more frustrating as we so often got into good wide positions but the delivery especially from Feeney was terrible today. At 1-0 up it only takes one moment of magic or a poor referee decision to level it up and we’re just not good enough to score enough goals to get 3 points regularly. Either through poor delivery like today, or having a proper number 9.
CBT should have been on as soon as they equalised to give us a boost, certainly on before the ineffective Nugent. In the end it was too little too late for Corey. Once again some good results for us though. Hopefully spearing injury isn’t serious although OConnor did fairly well and just about got my MOM award but no one stood out really.
Going to be a long hard slog over the next 7 games but looks like we’re up a position to third so as Keith would say, it’s a positive point against the league leaders

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Game over.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Results were decent but there is now a gap between second and first. It's going to be a fight for third between a host of clubs.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
Never watched the game today, doesnt sound like a great performance, and looking at the other results another missed opportunity to make some ground on those around us....struggling arent we?!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The only positive is that somehow after dropping five points over Easter, we are still in the automatic promotion places. But we'll have to start winning again soon.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am happy with the performance and thought we were unfortunate not to win the game. The penalty looked a nonsense and Cambridge rarely threatened in open play, but we just can't get a second goal when we are on top to kill teams off.

I thought the side looked much more balanced with Lloyd up front and balls played in to his feet, and the front three played well in the first half in particular. I thought Morris was also excellent when he came on and Mullin did not get anything out of Monthe. The standard of our passing and movement was a lot better than in the majority of recent matches, and we created more chances than the opposition.

The way other results have gone, and given the performance on Friday, I think it is a decent point and keeps us in the mix for third place.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
struggling arent we?!
To score yes. We will only be able to manage a goal or two a game with these players so you are hoping to keep a clean sheet and scrape a 1-/2-0 win. Going to be a tough few weeks ahead. The positive being that some teams around us are also struggling. I don't think anyone in the top six won today.

Player
Manager
John King
It sounds feeble to say it, but the ref has ultimately cost us the victory there. Cambridge created nothing, whereas we had three or four decent chances in addition to the goal.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Standing back, 1 win in 7 not good form and likely to drop tomorrow if Morecambe beat Southend

Player
Manager
John King
Standing back, 1 win in 7 not good form and likely to drop tomorrow if Morecambe beat Southend
But we are still third and at most will be a point behind Morecambe. Bolton have picked up one point from the Easter games against poorer opposition and a number of sides are struggling.

The key for me today was that we looked much better with Lloyd up front. I think a similar kind of performance will see off bottom half of the table sides, and the upcoming fixtures are not as tough as the two games we have just played.