• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Bolton

Rovers v Bolton
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't get the impression that any individual has played particularly well so far,yet only CJ was dropped for the Hull game.

Certain players appear to have sacred cow status, so it's hard not to believe in them. I don't get the feeling there's as much of a team bond at present with the comings and goings over the summer, but maybe that will develop with time.
There has been no lack of team spirit in the games I have seen. Naivety at times, yes, but plenty of spirit.

Jennings was the focal point of the attack at Portsmouth, but you criticised that selection, which is why I find your comments a little confusing.

My feeling is that Jennings has to play in his best position at this level - as a number ten - or it is difficult to fit him into the team. Both he and Nelson looked out of their depth played out of position against Rochdale and we won't get away with square pegs in round holes in this division.

I am sorry you are so frustrated with the manager, two games into the season after back to back promotions. I don't share your frustration and pessimism.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
There has been no lack of team spirit in the games I have seen. Naivety at times, yes, but plenty of spirit.

Jennings was the focal point of the attack at Portsmouth, but you criticised that selection, which is why I find your comments a little confusing.

My feeling is that Jennings has to play in his best position at this level - as a number ten - or it is difficult to fit him into the team. Both he and Nelson looked out of their depth played out of position against Rochdale and we won't get away with square pegs in round holes in this division.

I am sorry you are so frustrated with the manager, two games into the season after back to back promotions. I don't share your frustration and pessimism.
I've looked back at my remarks on the Portsmouth thread and while I was a bit puzzled about how we lined up for that, not especially critical. I agree that Jennings is best deployed in the no 10 position, which is what my suggested formation for this game was.

Player
aldo
if you had 12 new people at your job it would take time to bond and gel . we have some strange ones . the coventry lad and payne . prob no point in them being er as they dont look like there gonna get much game time

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
if you had 12 new people at your job it would take time to bond and gel . we have some strange ones . the coventry lad and payne . prob no point in them being er as they dont look like there gonna get much game time
May turn out to be true AM but so far they have both been included in the squad for each game, both starting one and coming off the bench for one. Plenty of people have been saying exactly the same about Mullin as well. At least one of them will get significant game time because Ferrier won't be a lone striker for 90 minutes every match.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I don't think Payne is as bad as some make out. It's been a difficult few games for the strikers but I thought he's worked quite hard when called on.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I don't think Payne is as bad as some make out. It's been a difficult few games for the strikers but I thought he's worked quite hard when called on.
I would agree Ian. Ferrier has impressed me the most so far and Ponticelli the least. I'll need to see Mullin start a couple and Payne to have more opportunity to see how they match up.

Player
aldo
bolton have two out field players the rest are kids . if there was a time to meet them this is it ,come on boys lets take em apart

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
the good news is that its going to be dry tomorrow . so at least we know its going to be on
Raining non-stop today though. Is there a risk with our well-publicised drainage issues that the pitch may not have dried out?

Player
aldo
gonna stop tonight it will be heavy but dry . we need this tomorrow . by next week they are gonna have the take over done and word is they have a lot of players ready to come in .it not tomoz its gonna be a very different monster next week

Player
aldo
oh with over 7360 sales and nearing 2000 away its a massive pay day for the club . esp with the poss of two games coming up being off

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Pitch as it is, you wonder if tomorrow will go ahead with even more rain forecast.
Expect more social media abuse cos of pitch if it's off.
If it's on, you have to favour our match fit pros against their kids - surely?
They'll have 2000 behind them, great for young kids.
We need to knock the stuffing out of them with a couple of early goals.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Just looked at BBC forecast and should be dry from now onwards.... can't be sure if it is as I am 100 miles away:).... we have to make sure we get the game on tomorrow - hope the grounds staff are at it right now as for sure Bolton will be keen to have it postponed.....

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Raining non-stop today though. Is there a risk with our well-publicised drainage issues that the pitch may not have dried out?
I think it will be fine. The rain has eased off now and it is forecast to be dry overnight and tomorrow.

However, if the game was tonight it would certainly be off.

Reactions: ADD
Player
aldo
god i wish i was there . tomorrow . but im not able . i will be shouting loud and proud in greece ..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Sadly I'll be missing this one too. Enjoy the game everyone. Looking forward to the reports later.