• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Bolton

Rovers v Bolton
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
i have felt sorry for them a little , but reading some of there dick h$%d fans comments . f$%&k em . hope we hammer them and they go bust . no need from them at all

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What have they been saying?

Player
aldo
saying what a s hole we live in . also saying how much they hate us . and also some of them saying when we dropped down they had wished we would die off and never come back . its added the fire for me . i don't think like that to often . unless one of my chefs serve crap . but they are out of order . two fingers to the lot of them . hope we batter them. some of there comments im not even gonna say . horrible little club

Player
aldo
now we have sold over 6250 for sat away over 1450 they only have 800 left for away gonna be a massive gate . if we cant get some thin from this game we are gonna struggle this season . i hope the boys have had a rocket of mm as they need one or two of them.they need to tighten things up at the back and sharpen things up front . see the lord has not scored in 3

Player
aldo
we are gonna have to be ruthless on sat . no holding back . think morgan will get off the mark hope we turn them over even just 1-0 just a good performance

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I suspect I'm going to struggle to get my old man down for a few weeks if we don't win on Saturday! He is mighty frustrated by the goals we are conceding and (annoyingly) the complete car park fiasco at the Rochdale game!

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
You mean the 40min wait for what should be 5mins? I was due back in work an hour after the game (it takes roughly an hour to get back my way) but was way off the mark and now i have to leave early for the Bolton game!!

Anyway, let's hope we've done the job by the 80-85th min.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
You mean the 40min wait for what should be 5mins? I was due back in work an hour after the game (it takes roughly an hour to get back my way) but was way off the mark and now i have to leave early for the Bolton game!!

Anyway, let's hope we've done the job by the 80-85th min.
Yep, fingers crossed! They massively overparked - was blocked in at front, back and both sides. My dad queried it last week and they said it was because they had a do on at Aldos. Ensuring that you have no more cars than parking tickets sold and no more parking tickets sold than spaces available is not rocket science! The sporadic and apparently random road closures are also bemusing. I had to drive through a "road closed" sign to even get to the car park. If we have any illusions about regular 8k attendances we need to get this sorted. And don't get me started on the (in)ability of the devices to scan tickets at the turnstiles … Some great stuff going on at our club but a lot of basics still need sorting. Rant over!

Player
aldo
bolton lose another player now they have 4 senior players plus one loan one . i know there kids have been doing a great job but lets hope we get at them and do a job we need a lift a boost . we need to get going . Lincoln have won 3 in 3 . mk have won 2 in 2 we are just needing to kick on

p checkley

Player
pat nevin
We have got to be loud and proud on Saturday. We MUST get our season started and I believe we will............... 4-0

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
No better time to play them. Let's get some goals!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It wont be as easy as some people think but I think we will win 2 1

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
When Bolton were swanning around Europe and we were on a downward spiral to the National League I seriously doubted we would ever play them in a league fixture again, but here we are. I still count them as the biggest rivals of my supporting lifetime, and I think the whole club is well up for this game. Bolton's current predicament just gives the match added spice.

I would be tempted to stick with the 433 formation that was so impressive in the second half against Hull, with a midfield of Banks, Perkins and Potter and CBT and Morris either side of Ferrier. I know Mullin made an impact in the final twenty minutes on Tuesday but I would still select Morgan ahead of him. If we do go with a 442, I would use Ferrier and either Mullin or Payne up front, with CBT and Morris wide.

As Mart says above, Bolton have been putting in spirited displays despite having a ravaged squad and the three points are by no means a given. Defeat would certainly ratchet up the tension after the disappointing results of the first three games. However, I think we will win, watched by a 9,000 gate including a sold out away end.

I can't wait.

Last edited:
Player
aldo
right lets start being positive . we will have a massive gate in are superb ground . we have been down to see the new club banners on the kop and main stand i have got my new home and away shirt . and yes my little monkey has got hers . with other stuff prob spent around £300 . it looks fab . we we need a good team performance and a few goals lets get mammy and the back 4 solid and kick the hell out of the wanders kids . lets make it hell for them and stop pissing around . few oh yes ive had a beer or two . in GREECE on work and hols but more work the family are on hols im helping freinds out. i will not be back for a few weeks

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It will not be an easy game, despite the young side notlob are likely to battle hard and with the legal challenge to their takeover kicked down the road, things might be looking up for the visitors shortly.

I've no idea how we'll set up, after the rather random team selections we've seen from Micky so far. I was disappointed in the manager ditching Connor Jennings for the Hull game, a battler and a team player, the only Rovers player to find the back of the net so far, which is more than departed hero James Norwood has managed at his new club, though obviously very early days for Nors. My choice for starting xi would be a 4411, with Jennings behind Ferrier up front and CBT and Morris out wide.

A win would do us a world of good, but fear it might not be that straightforward.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I've no idea how we'll set up, after the rather random team selections we've seen from Micky so far. I was disappointed in the manager ditching Connor Jennings for the Hull game, a battler and a team player, the only Rovers player to find the back of the net so far, which is more than departed hero James Norwood has managed at his new club
Jennings has not played particularly well so far and does not fit easily into a tactical set up at this level, if we are looking for more pace and movement up front.

I think the manager is entitled to change his team without being accused of 'ditching' anybody. Or do you believe in sacred cows ?

Strange comments.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This will be a close game. Bolton have not had an easy start - home v Coventry and away v Wycombe - but their kids have a point and a clean sheet, which is more than we can claim. I expect Micky to put out his best attacking formation (433 sounds good and we have the personnel) and put them under continual pressure. We can't let them play. From what I have heard, if we can keep up the level of the last two games, we should win. But I would not put any money on it.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Jennings has not played particularly well so far and does not fit easily into a tactical set up at this level, if we are looking for more pace and movement up front.

I think the manager is entitled to change his team without being accused of 'ditching' anybody. Or do you believe in sacred cows ?

Strange comments.
I don't get the impression that any individual has played particularly well so far,yet only CJ was dropped for the Hull game.

Certain players appear to have sacred cow status, so it's hard not to believe in them. I don't get the feeling there's as much of a team bond at present with the comings and goings over the summer, but maybe that will develop with time.