• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Since their opening win of the season Keith hills Scunthorpe have now lost 5 in a row and sit second from bottom in the national league

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The club is an absolute mess and I don't think Hill stands a chance to be honest. They could go the same way as Bury and Macclesfield.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The club is an absolute mess and I don't think Hill stands a chance to be honest. They could go the same way as Bury and Macclesfield.
Isn't the chairman trying to recoup a large amount of the money he's put into the club, supposedly over £10m

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
No wonder hill was trying to get back at Rochdale but ex Morecambe manager Jim Bentley got the job

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well if he does it's a much bigger bus this time!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
James Norwood sent off in pizza cup
His Barnsley career goes from bad to worse. Before tonight He’s only started three games and in each one he’s been taken off on around 60 minutes having not scored. Could be a bit past his best for league one…

Tonight was a straight red for an elbow after 20 mins.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Wonder if he’ll quote the old ‘thrown under the bus’ again!
Hill's performance on the pitch here was actually fairly reasonable. We went to Wembley and did qualify for the play offs, albeit we had no chance of winning them given how we were playing. Not that dissimilar to what happened last season under Mellon.

I think Palios wanted to keep him here in the medium term, even when it became obvious we were not going to be promoted. However Hill's inability to communicate with supporters or owner cost him his job, and now his career is effectively over. His problems were self inflicted, sadly.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
I'd missed Lewis Warrington going to Fleetwood on loan for the rest of the season. Thought he might have got more chances at Everton this season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think it's another step in the right direction for him though. Get's him game time at a decent level.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It’s cookie v Clarke today in league two plus tollit v banks in the national league. Ash Taylor sent off after 10 mins for Kilmarnock