• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Connor Jennings back in the Stockport side in their cup game v Leicester

ADD

Player
Norwood
I think he will be loaned out soon to a league 1 team
Quite possibly - Lampard has already said he will only decide whether to keep him in or loan him out at the very end of the window. Nice to see he credited his Tranmere loan after his debut whilst Lampard said after:-
I thought Lewis was brilliant today when he came on. And when I say brilliant, people might ask, 'Was he brilliant?' Well, yes, because he got us playing. He received it and did basic things in midfield. Receive, play, move, open up the game... he did it. He's an Evertonian. He was delighted to come on the pitch and it was oozing out of him. I love that. He wanted to play for the club and come on. It was a big moment for him and I'm really pleased for him. "

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’ve not kept track of MCNulty, what happened to his stint as assistant at Chester, presume he left when Steve Watson departed at the end of last season?

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
He was taking coaching sessions with our college kids. ( Not academy or school of excellence)

Watched Ryan Taylor on the sky pre match and was critical of the club not having an academy or having a squad decent enough to play decent football, to be competitive. My interpretation, I might add!!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
.Ryan Watson gets a late winner for Salford, while Harvey Gilmour gets a goal for NL strugglers Halifax as they lose 1-4.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Manny Monthe and Peter Clarke getting in a bit of a pickle as Walsall concede a winner to Grimsby.....

Sam Smith scores a hat trick for Cambridge.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Manny Monthe and Peter Clarke getting in a bit of a pickle as Walsall concede a winner to Grimsby.....

Sam Smith scores a hat trick for Cambridge.
Jonny Smith got sent off for Burton in that Cambridge game.

Happier times for another former defender, Ash Taylor getting Kilmarnock’s winner in a 2-1 win over Motherwell.