• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Another of our ex veterans doing well is Sam foley who plays the full 90 for joint top barrow

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Posted under "Old Boys" as there are few really old ones in there. An early Rovers match for me. 22k attendance and a thunderbolt winner from Graham Williams. Happy days.

Attachments

• 16599934835714919874632412940160.jpg
    16599934835714919874632412940160.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 16599935648284120685886292979970.jpg
    16599935648284120685886292979970.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 9

drwhoman

Posted under "Old Boys" as there are few really old ones in there. An early Rovers match for me. 22k attendance and a thunderbolt winner from Graham Williams. Happy days.
I was at that game and standing in the Cowshed directly behind Graham when he let fly into the top right hand corner. A great day! On a completely different topic I see that Jason Koumas' son now players for the Liverpool Under 18s and scored the other day. If he is only half as good as his father he will do well if not at Liverpool where the number of players who make it from the Academy to the first team is extremely small.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
I was at that game and standing in the Cowshed directly behind Graham when he let fly into the top right hand corner. A great day! On a completely different topic I see that Jason Koumas' son now players for the Liverpool Under 18s and scored the other day. If he is only half as good as his father he will do well if not at Liverpool where the number of players who make it from the Academy to the first team is extremely small.
Great cup run that was drwhoman.
I was showing my grandson the Koumas goal against Everton the other day to illustrate you don't always have to take a touch. What an exciting prospect his lad must be - might get him on loan one day.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Kevin Ellison joins Adam Buxton at Nevitts old team Warrington Rylands

ADD

Player
Norwood
Fleetwood have bid for Stockton according to Alan Nixon - Morecambe after £500k - has a year left on his contract.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Very poorly advised, like Otis Kahn before him. Holding out for an offer from a League One club which won't come.

Reactions: Ian
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
MacDonald no sign of him - really strange...
Yes, that is strange. I don’t think he’ll be joining us at this late stage. In any case, Bristow looks likely to be first choice. However, I’m surprised he hasn’t been picked up by another club. Maybe his wage demands are unrealistic. I can see him having to go abroad.

I agree with RLC that it’s down to poor advice by his agent. I’m not sure agents and players always have the same objectives. No one is saying players should not be ambitious or even want the best wages, but the agent should have lined up a deal or at least tested the market before advising his client to reject Rovers’ new contract.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We don’t know the full picture re Macdonald. For example, maybe a recurrence of his shin splints problem caused a deal he had lined up to fall through? I don’t take any pleasure that he hasn’t got himself fixed up with a club. Would have been happy if he’d signed on again with Rovers, but we’ve 2left-backs in Bristow and Robinson, so no need for him now.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We don’t know the full picture re Macdonald. For example, maybe a recurrence of his shin splints problem caused a deal he had lined up to fall through? I don’t take any pleasure that he hasn’t got himself fixed up with a club. Would have been happy if he’d signed on again with Rovers, but we’ve 2left-backs in Bristow and Robinson, so no need for him now.
He has not had any injury problems for over a year ? I have not seen any suggestion that he has fitness issues.

He will definitely have been offered a decent contract by Rovers and it is his decision not to take it up.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
He wanted to go to a league 1 team, turned down our offer

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
No big loss, we have Bristow.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ben Tollitt got the third goal in Oldham’s 3-2 win over Dorking, with Adam Mekki coming off the bench for the visitors.

drwhoman

Not a direct old boy but Lewis Koumas scored four for the Liverpool Under 18s yesterday. They won 6-2.