• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The dream is still on!! Come on the clarets!
It would be amazing if Jacko sent them down.

I am only listening to the game, but it sounds like Burnley are very expansive. Very different to how we played under Jackson.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It would be amazing if Jacko sent them down.

I am only listening to the game, but it sounds like Burnley are very expansive. Very different to how we played under Jackson.
Southampton should have been 2 up before Burnley scored, Burnley contrived to miss several easy chances, before scoring a second. Burnley look decent going forward but badly miss a goalscorer but look woefull defending set pieces

drwhoman

Southampton should have been 2 up before Burnley scored, Burnley contrived to miss several easy chances, before scoring a second. Burnley look decent going forward but badly miss a goalscorer but look woefull defending set pieces
Maybe Jacko learnt from his experience with us! The Burnley defence misses Ben Mee - the key man.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Maybe Jacko learnt from his experience with us! The Burnley defence misses Ben Mee - the key man.
They have got away with it tonight so far, Romeou had 2 free headers he missed with when it was easier to score

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Glad to see Jacko not making wholesale changes at half time like he did in a few of our games

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
He has just scored an equaliser. I hope Arbroath go up, as it is a great story.
They quite possibly still will. However, I’m delighted for Killie, who are my Scottish side. My grandparents lived nearby and my uncle was a fan. I saw them play a few times including the season they last won the league title. They played Hearts at Tynecastle in the final game, having to win 2-0. Anything else would mean the title going to the home side. Killie scored twice in the first ten minutes and held on for a famous victory. They had a good side in those days and did well in Europe. However, their manager went to Rangers and the dream faded. The Old Firm have shared the title since, apart from the period when Alex Ferguson managed Aberdeen.

Player
Manager
John King
They quite possibly still will. However, I’m delighted for Killie, who are my Scottish side. My grandparents lived nearby and my uncle was a fan. I saw them play a few times including the season they last won the league title. They played Hearts at Tynecastle in the final game, having to win 2-0. Anything else would mean the title going to the home side. Killie scored twice in the first ten minutes and held on for a famous victory. They had a good side in those days and did well in Europe. However, their manager went to Rangers and the dream faded. The Old Firm have shared the title since, apart from the period when Alex Ferguson managed Aberdeen.
I think Dundee United won it one season as well, under Jim McLean. Possibly 1983.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It’s a puzzle why Jacko fared so badly managing Rovers when you see what’s happening at Burnley.

Meanwhile Josh Ginnelly scores in Hearts 2-3 win at Micky’s former team Dundee Utd.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It’s a puzzle why Jacko fared so badly managing Rovers when you see what’s happening at Burnley.

Meanwhile Josh Ginnelly scores in Hearts 2-3 win at Micky’s former team Dundee Utd.
He was similarly poor when un charge at Shrewsbury

Player
Manager
John King
Indeed. Particularly as Burnley are now playing expansive football, whereas we seemed scared of our own shadow under Jacko and barely crossed the halfway line.