• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The difference might be the expectation. With Rovers, he was under pressure to get results and it was assumed he would. So he played it tight and took fewer risks. At Burnley, they were already written off by most people, so he could afford to take risks. Better to go down fighting and playing attacking football. Amazingly, he’s getting more out of the squad than an experienced and well respected manager could.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's only 2 games though. The wheels may fall off yet.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It's only 2 games though. The wheels may fall off yet.
Three, because he got a draw at West Ham in his first game. But yes, we don't know how he will fare in the medium term.

However, it is still impressive that he has managed to get players performing at the top level, something he could not do in League Two. It seems he is popular in the dressing room, which probably goes a long way, and the two senior players working with him will serve as a bridge to the rest of the squad.

drwhoman

Three, because he got a draw at West Ham in his first game. But yes, we don't know how he will fare in the medium term.

However, it is still impressive that he has managed to get players performing at the top level, something he could not do in League Two. It seems he is popular in the dressing room, which probably goes a long way, and the two senior players working with him will serve as a bridge to the rest of the squad.
I agree -working with Mee who is the Burnley talisman has done him no harm. To an extent I suspect that he has just told them to play. Maybe as a tribute to Dyche amongst other things. Him getting the heave ho would have resonated with the many Burnley players who have worked with him a long time. See how they go at Watford on Saturday. A win and Everton are in even more strife particularly if they lose to Chelsea. Lampard was bleating about not getting a penalty against Liverpool when his team had 19% possession and were quite blatantly time wasting, simulating and feigning injury in the first half. How much has been spent on that squad? Their best player was a local boy!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Drwhoman, it should have been a penalty though, even some Liverpool pundits conceded that and might have been a whole different game had Everton been given and converted it. Red Scouse the only Prem team not to have a penalty given against them, makes you wonder…
Don’t see Everton staying up with the Burnley revival.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Stonewall penalty for me. I still think Liverpool would have won though. Gordon looks decent and would probably do well in a good team. Still got this feeling Everton will do the great escape again.

drwhoman

Stonewall penalty for me. I still think Liverpool would have won though. Gordon looks decent and would probably do well in a good team. Still got this feeling Everton will do the great escape again.
I agree that they have been given although it has been suggested to me that Gordon left his leg in to encourage the contact and it was reviewed by VAR. Obviously, it is not relevant to this one situation but Everton players have been booked six times this season for simulation, whereas no other club has been more than once. Lampard is likely to be fined for his comments questioning the integrity of the ref. Pathetic for what has been, and is, a great club. Another dodgy managerial choice.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I agree that they have been given although it has been suggested to me that Gordon left his leg in to encourage the contact and it was reviewed by VAR. Obviously, it is not relevant to this one situation but Everton players have been booked six times this season for simulation, whereas no other club has been more than once. Lampard is likely to be fined for his comments questioning the integrity of the ref. Pathetic for what has been, and is, a great club. Another dodgy managerial choice.
6 bookings for diving, wow

drwhoman

Nearly all of them Richarlison I would imagine.....
I suspect that you are right RLC. Gordon needs a better role model. It is interesting to reflect that Wiki tells me that the three Everton midfield players yesterday cost a total of 70m. I know it is dangerous to compare players from different eras but when I think back to the 'Holy Trinity' of Kendall, Harvey and Ball! Very sad really. When Tranmere used to play their home games on a Friday night I occasionally went to Goodison on the Saturday. K H and B could be poetry in motion!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I suspect that you are right RLC. Gordon needs a better role model. It is interesting to reflect that Wiki tells me that the three Everton midfield players yesterday cost a total of 70m. I know it is dangerous to compare players from different eras but when I think back to the 'Holy Trinity' of Kendall, Harvey and Ball! Very sad really. When Tranmere used to play their home games on a Friday night I occasionally went to Goodison on the Saturday. K H and B could be poetry in motion!
And none of the 3 yesterday were any good add Delph who rarely plays Dele Alli who's career has gone rapidly downhill and some of the issues become obvious

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm glad in a way that sometimes players are not being given the decisions because I hope is discourages all this diving/cheating that goes on. Gordon looks like a good young player but some of that diving was embarrassing, doesn't do him any favours. Richarlison as bad as it gets really. I think he spends more time on the floor.

drwhoman

I'm glad in a way that sometimes players are not being given the decisions because I hope is discourages all this diving/cheating that goes on. Gordon looks like a good young player but some of that diving was embarrassing, doesn't do him any favours. Richarlison as bad as it gets really. I think he spends more time on the floor.
Has anyone ever seen Richarlison smile? He always looks bad tempered!

Reactions: Ian

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Has anyone ever seen Richarlison smile? He always looks bad tempered!
I am sure he will smile in the summer when he'd pictured in the shirt of his next club following a big money move no doubt

drwhoman

I am sure he will smile in the summer when he'd pictured in the shirt of his next club following a big money move no doubt
Agree. Recent reports on Everton’s finances would suggest they will need to sell to buy and he is their most saleable asset.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Mullin makes it 24 for the season with Wrexham scoring six second half goals at Weymouth