• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Lewis Koumas and Jayden Danns on the bench for Liverpool in the League Cup Final

Reactions: Ian

drwhoman

Koumas junior can now win a League Cup medal off with his dad.
Shame Lewis did not get on but Jayden did well, as did all the young players. They understand the Liverpool game plan whereas Chelsea are still an expensive team of spare parts.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
While Liverpool kids played well, it was their injury crisis rather than a conscious decision to select youth that led to that team selection. The Chelsea team were relatively youthful too. Both clubs are wealthy and I find some of the headlines trying to invent a vast gulf between the sides slightly ridiculous.

drwhoman

While Liverpool kids played well, it was their injury crisis rather than a conscious decision to select youth that led to that team selection. The Chelsea team were relatively youthful too. Both clubs are wealthy and I find some of the headlines trying to invent a vast gulf between the sides slightly ridiculous.
The attached article really shows where the difference lies. It is not age related.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Not an old boy (yet), but Lewis Koumas starts for Liverpool in the FA Cup

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
With the greatest respect for our young left-back, I think we found out this week why Klopp didn’t want to loan us Lewis Koumas or Jayden Danns but was quite happy to let us have James Norris. ;)

Last edited:

drwhoman

I think we found out this week why Klopp didn’t want to loan us Lewis Koumas or Jayden Danns but was quite happy to let us have James Norris. ;)
True BBTC but Koumas and Danns might have not found it so easy in a league two bear pit. I was slightly surprised that Soton were not more physical. Maybe saving themselves for the promotion push. James Norris is not a bad player but has struggled to adapt not helped I suspect by a lack of support from Hawkes and maybe guidance from the centre backs. You notice with Van Dijk that he is very demanding and controlling of the young players around him. He makes it quite clear what he expects of them.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
True BBTC but Koumas and Danns might have not found it so easy in a league two bear pit. I was slightly surprised that Soton were not more physical. Maybe saving themselves for the promotion push. James Norris is not a bad player but has struggled to adapt not helped I suspect by a lack of support from Hawkes and maybe guidance from the centre backs. You notice with Van Dijk that he is very demanding and controlling of the young players around him. He makes it quite clear what he expects of them.
It was a torrid night for Norris but as you say he didn't get much help and RHM had no doubt his best game of the season and they kept getting him the ball in 1 v 1 situations

ADD

Player
Norwood
It was a torrid night for Norris but as you say he didn't get much help and RHM had no doubt his best game of the season and they kept getting him the ball in 1 v 1 situations
It was always a strange one as we said he was a LB when he arrived however he had played all his last season's games for the U21s at left midfield/ left wing. Think to be fair he would be far better suited to that.