• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
For my sins, I’m off to Bolton Wanderers stadium tomorrow for the “It’s Mental Live 2024” and interestingly, Simon Haworth is one of the speakers in one of the workshops “Football Untold” talking about the pitfalls of gambling.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Big game in the national league north ends 2-2 between Scunthorpe & Chester. Tollitt on the scoresheet in front of a record 7511.

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
I think James Norris is a decent footballer. Seen him in CM and he read the game well and could pick a pass. However I think he'll always struggle at LB. Maybe play him in front of Wood and see if they can form a decent combo if Nigel needs to change the normal set up for tactical reasons.

Reactions: ADD

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I think James Norris is a decent footballer. Seen him in CM and he read the game well and could pick a pass. However I think he'll always struggle at LB. Maybe play him in front of Wood and see if they can form a decent combo if Nigel needs to change the normal set up for tactical reasons.
Clearly had ability given his pedigree but he’s not the first premier league loanee to struggle in the rough and tumble of league two.
There’s not much of him so possibly a bit lightweight. Left midfield especially away from home he’d probably do ok or as a left wing back with 3 centre backs to protect him.
Hopefully his lack of minutes this season won’t put Liverpool off giving us other players in the future.

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Jay Turner-Cooke has returned to Newcastle from his loan at St Johnstone.
A year on I had wondered whether he may have matured enough to be a possible replacement for Hawkes...even Apter.
Didn't play many games in Scotland - so probably a no then.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Goals for Sam Smith, Elliott Nevitt, Kyle Jameson and Paul Glatzel.

Kane Wilson scores the only goal in the League One top of the table clash between Derby and Bolton.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Goals for Sam Smith, Elliott Nevitt, Kyle Jameson and Paul Glatzel.

Kane Wilson scores the only goal in the League One top of the table clash between Derby and Bolton.
Delighted to see Glatzel seems finally over his injuries. Played 90 minutes for third time in his 12 games for Swindon. 3 goals and 2 assists. Hopefully he can go on to have a decent career at a higher level once teams are convinced his injury worries are over.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Just spent the afternoon in a pub in Manchester watching the game with James Norwood very much under the influence and asking people to place bets for him on their phones.. Very sad to see
Oh dear. Since he left us he’s had his off field drink driving issues during his time at Ipswich too.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I agree. Why he is now playing in the National League I suppose.
Barnsley wanted to keep him, but Oldham offered him either more money or a longer contract. He’s still capable on the football field, penalty at the weekend.

Nors is the kind of footballer who, sadly, you could see struggling when his playing career ends, even without his alcohol issues.

Talking of Oldham seems touch and go whether they make the NL play-offs this season. There seems to be some doubts expressed about Micky although most fans are happy to see what he does with squad rebuilding over the summer.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
If Mellon gets Oldham into the play offs first time round it will be the first season in years, perhaps decades, that they have progressed rather than regressed.

I am not sure spreading rumours about Norwood is fair or helpful when there may be no substance behind them.