• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Otis Khan joins Hartlepool on loan from Grimsby. His career has gone backwards since his excellent displays as a right back under Keith Hill. Luke Waterfall joins Pools too

Reactions: Ian

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Nevitt scores again (copied and pasted from last week) and glatzel gets an assist for swindle

Not sure if it’s been officially confirmed yet but our former youth player, Ali Al-Hamadi, is reportedly signing for Ipswich for £1.75m from Wimbledon. Apparently we offered him a pro contract at the time but he chose to move to Swansea on a two year scholarship instead. Way too good for L2.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Ex loanee Aaron Collins joining Bolton from Bristol Rovers

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Ex loanee Aaron Collins joining Bolton from Bristol Rovers
He’s done well since his unsuccessful spell with us in the NL. As I remember, despite our long injury list, he didn’t play in our playoff final against Borehamwood but instead played with the lads at Maidstone.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Collins actually did quite well when he was here. I would not describe his spell as unsuccessful.

He was very inexperienced, so you would not have expected him to be a regular starter.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Wrexham splashing the cash with a couple of decent signings including Jack Marriott who when fit is a goal scorer. Will mean some healthy competition for Mullin.

Big deadline day news in Scotland as Joel Mumbongo moves on loan from Hamilton to Queen of the South for the rest of the season. One goal in 11 games for the big man this season..

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
After 5 years at Warrington town Mitch Duggan joins Jake Kirby at Danny holmes vauxhalls

John McMahon, now assistant to Ged at Morecambe, has been charged by the FA for “betting on football matches 251 times“ between Nov 2019 and last October. So, well after he left us!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
McMahon's charge is ironic, as it is only as a result of Ronnie's misdemeanor that he was given an extended period as caretaker manager here.

I think we might have stayed up in 2013-14 if Moore had remained in charge all season.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
McMahon's charge is ironic, as it is only as a result of Ronnie's misdemeanor that he was given an extended period as caretaker manager here.

I think we might have stayed up in 2013-14 if Moore had remained in charge all season.
It’s a shame PJ acted so quickly to suspend him. It was two months before he was found guilty and finally sacked. Meanwhile, he couldn’t be replaced until it was too late. I can understand that PJ thought he was doing the right thing, but it cost the club dearly. We slid right out of the league and have struggled ever since.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
It’s a shame PJ acted so quickly to suspend him. It was two months before he was found guilty and finally sacked. Meanwhile, he couldn’t be replaced until it was too late. I can understand that PJ thought he was doing the right thing, but it cost the club dearly. We slid right out of the league and have struggled ever since.
They had fallen out and it was an excuse. To be honest the FA should have cautioned him as it was clearly a technical offence, no one ever fixed several matches to land a £5 accie. Rednapp and Coleman were involved in far more sinister allegations that were swept away, so they invented hammers to smash nuts.