• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Now being reported that its just a loan at the moment for Stockton to Barrow
Signs until the end of the season. On his day he can be very good at this level. Will be interesting if he does well post rovers like George Ray is doing up there, and Sam Foley still contributing.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don’t think the Burton fans have been greatly impressed by his contribution. Mardy was one description I’ve seen. Apart from his times at Morecambe and his very early days and NL spell under Mellon, Stockton has been distinctly average.

James Alabi, who has been a free agent since Maidstone released him in the summer, has signed for VNL South club Bath City until the end of the season. They say he “brings us a different option in our forward play” - they’ll find that out soon enough!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
No job for Ronnie at Hartlepool as ex Sunderland striker Kevin Phillips gets the job

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Goal machine Jonny Margetts is back in full time football at the age of 30 after signing for King’s Lynn in the VNL North. He’s hit a remarkable 33 goals in 30 games for Matlock this season, one step lower in the pyramid.
Yes he combines it with his work as a physio but as you say he’s been banging them in. A shame Chester haven’t signed him (unless they fancy taking Sam Taylor who wouldn’t surprise me if he left on loan this month)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Arthur Lomax joins Bury from Bootle for an undisclosed fee

A potentially good move, as Bury should rise quickly up the pyramid - hopefully taking Arthur with them.
He seemed to do well at Bootle early on, but then had been loaned out to Widnes before this sale. Hope the latest move works for him, he looked to have some ability in his Pizza Cup game for us.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
There is an interview with Rob Edwards on the Trip to the Moon podcast this week and he comes across well.

Of all the 'failed' managers we have had in recent years, he is the most likeable and the one I have most sympathy for. Very much a victim of circumstances.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
There is an interview with Rob Edwards on the Trip to the Moon podcast this week and he comes across well.

Of all the 'failed' managers we have had in recent years, he is the most likeable and the one I have most sympathy for. Very much a victim of circumstances.
Yes I agree. I found the bit interesting where he talked about Palios speaking to him after every game where u could tell Mark was an ex player and very emotional after games. As I’ve said in the past you do wonder whether his past as a pro (and FA chairman), compared to some club owners may annoy some managers who just want to be left to get on with the job.