• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers (1) v Doncaster Rovers (2)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Doncaster

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers (1) v Doncaster Rovers (2)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Friday, October 20, 2023 - 07:45 PM
Until: Friday, October 20, 2023 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’m a big fan of hawkes but since his missed penalty he’s done nothing so needs to step up tonight. Hopefully Dennis can get off the mark although not convinced in a 4-3-3

Last edited:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
No sign of Merrie either. That line up looks very brittle. Hope the weather can be a leveller and we get something out of this.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Just had an interesting tour of the trophy room, the directors’ box, the dugout and the tunnel from the very helpful Louise, one of our supporter liaison officers. Had a good chat as she knows her stuff.

This is my first Friday night fame since Noah was a lad. How times have changed, but it is still the same friendly club it always was. Proper football fans.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
0-1 after their right winger waltzed round our defence. To be honest both defences look vulnerable but ours more so.

Plenty of mistakes being made in this slippery pitch. More goals to come, but no dream 3-0 result for me.

Player
Goodison
Walker must be a contender for top 5 worst permanent transfers, why sign him with his fitness record?!

Player
Goodison
The system just isn’t working first half. Wood being exposed constantly
I don’t understand the suicidal midfield selection…again and persisting with 4-3-3.

It hasn’t worked all season, everyone else can see it needs to change apart from the management, it’s bizzare.

It seems blindingly obvious to put O’Connor with Hendry, especially when we now have so many options at full back.

Only explanation I can think of is some sort of Palios/Adkins decision to play 4–3-3 come hell or high water, they can’t be that daft/deluded though surely?!

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
The system just isn’t working first half. Wood being exposed constantly
It is not systemic failure when your left back cannot do a basic job. Take his blunder out and it is 0-0 with us the better. Not convinced by our wide two for differing reasons, maybe just swap them?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
This is crap.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I can’t fault the commitment. The passing movements have been good, but only in the middle third. The only time we’ve been in the box is from free kicks. Dennis is being well controlled by their giant centre half, yet we continue so often with route one. When he does flick the ball on, there is no support.

If no change in formation, let’s see Sam Taylor for Harvey Saunders. This needs something special if we are to get any goals.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
The overall play hasn't been bad and on another day we could be 2 up but.....our defending, particularly at left back has been pretty poor.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Lose tonight and with 2 away games at Morecombe and Stockport coming up we could really be in the mire.....something has to change and pretty damned quick

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thought it was a well-worked goal from Donny though we could have defended it better.
No change at h/t, surprised. Can’t see us turning the game around with the same xi