• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers (1) v Bluebirds (2)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Barrow

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers (1) v Bluebirds (2)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, August 5, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, August 5, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Doesn’t surprise me as at times it felt to me like we were trying to score the perfect goal. Yes we had some good interplay at times especially with hawkes and hendry (which partly led to the penalty), but scoring a goal at this level from one twos etc is very hard to do when the opposition are well organised and have good numbers back.

I much prefer 4-4-2 with wide men putting crosses into the box for two central strikers to attack. We’re not good enough to open teams up enough by playing tiki taka football. We’ll be able to do it on occasions but not enough. Hopefully when Dennis and Norris are fit then we’ll played less football and just focus on getting the ball into the box
Stevenage last season and Morecambe the year before got promoted with possession on average in the 30s

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Sat matchday programme attached.
Thanks, Ian. That is a decent magazine with something for everyone.

I’d forgotten Ron Yeats joined Barrow after leaving us. He didn’t do too badly as our player-manager, with the highlight being the win at Highbury, which was 50 years ago this October. I understand the club might be organising something to commemorate it nearer the time.