• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Friendly Pre season friendlies

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
An exciting announcement due at half time in Huddersfield game.
Player I wonder? Norwood

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
An exciting announcement due at half time in Huddersfield game.
Player I wonder? Norwood
Can they keep that news quiet for a week lol?? know Barnsley have a similar announcement at their friendly at home v Notts forest today

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Can they keep that news quiet for a week lol?? know Barnsley have a similar announcement at their friendly at home v Notts forest today
I can't imagine that we have signed a key player and withdrawn him from both today's and next week's matches simply so we can announce him at half time next Saturday. It would be a bit disruptive to his pre-season programme.

It will be the new away kit or something similar I would imagine.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’m a bit surprised there haven’t been any additions to the squad after Micky sounded quite positive about this in the post Hearts interview. Maybe one or two trialists may feature today.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Anyone going to Southport keep your head down Didn’t they have trouble in a recent friendly.

Last edited:

ADD

Player
Norwood
Yes I agree Burton being injured also is not great. He has pace. Would ike to see Stratulis get some decent game time today.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Also Merrie not getting a start again is disappointing. I hope that his sub appearance is in midfield and MM tries someone else out in central defence or switches to a back four.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The bench today highlights the lack of attacking options we currently have, we really need bring in more quality and soon

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Like boz I'm a fan of merrie but last season it didn’t work out and I fear the same again. He won’t get any chance in midfield with Lewis, mcalear, OConnor all ahead of him plus Hawkes if he plays behind the front two. Even Nolan May be ahead of him. Merrie might be back up left back for the seasor left side CB. Micky even mentioned him post match on Wednesday

Reactions: Boz

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Re Burton we need more pace so I’d welcome him being involved. I’m just surprised given he’s been nowhere near the first team in recent years but maybe he’s impressed in training ((or more likely we’re getting desperate)

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
2-0 up at haig avenue. Hemmings and McAlear. Good for the latter to get a goal and an assist

Reactions: Ian