• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Friendly Pre season friendlies

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
are we surprised we have had loads of injuries? good that we have not lost any players of our own and got some goals in the lads and more minutes that the main point 1 more game to go then the off

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
I think our own younger players will all be out on loan soon can,t see any apart from sam who will be on a bench playing, will be interesting to see who they bring in over the next few weeks cant wait for the season to start now

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Probably immaterial, as I'm sure we'll bring in another striker, but I wonder whether Burton would be a better foil for Hemmings than Nevitt. His extra pace would come in handy when pressing and may keep defenders on edge when holding a line. He might draw a few more fouls as well.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Taylor is very quick and does have something about him.

He missed a sitter when a Hawkes free kick came back off the keeper, and he blasted the ball straight back at the keeper rather than placing the finish. He also missed a slightly more difficult chance when he ran through one v one with the keeper after an excellent through ball from Nolan. However, at least he was in the right place to miss those chances.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Yep Hemmings commented how he had already discussed with Taylor after he game that he should have "passed" it into the corner rather than swiping at it. He also said his effort was better than one of his own which cleared the stand:)
Hemmings will I think play a pivotal role in helping develop the other younger strikers this season - and he seemed genuinely impressed by Taylor.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Assume Hemmings wore the armband again yesterday? Looks like he’ll be captain unless Davies has it when fit

ADD

Player
Norwood
Two trialists playing tonight.....
Also Burton fit again and playing as is Stratulis and Taylor

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
2-0 v lairds at the moment. Burton with the second

Player
Manager
John King
It should be another decent test tomorrow.

Huddersfield have another game against Bolton later in the day, so I would guess we will be playing a mixture of first teamers and fringe or youth players.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Hopefully Davies will be fit to play some part and we don't pick up anymore injuries

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
We may have to wrap Davies in cotton wool at times. If he’s missing we’ll only have cogley from last seasons pretty strong defensive unit (not including the keeper)

Player
Manager
John King
Micky said Davies was back in training this week, so it will be interesting to see if he starts,

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
No Davies involved although only showing 10 names currently must missed off Nevitt. 2 trialists on bench