• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Friendly Pre season friendlies

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A5AD9914-E1EF-4E7B-9B1C-3A5022BF6BDF.png

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Not many games, but the fact they are announcing them all early and as a package rather than individually must mean that that’s what Micky wanted.

I would imagine the opposition in each game would be virtually full strength, which would not have been the case for EPL clubs.

In addition, there are two games behind closed doors against local league teams and more could be arranged if needed. .

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Nothing too exciting. I went to Warrington last season. A sunny day and a Mani penalty were the highlights. Will probably go again as nice to see the rovers old boys.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The Hearts fixture is an attractive one, for a variety of reasons.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Apparently 1 of the behind closed doors friendlies is against Fleetwood this Saturday. Would think maybe a signing or 2 announced before the game or could be a few trialists involved

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Apparently 1 of the behind closed doors friendlies is against Fleetwood this Saturday. Would think maybe a signing or 2 announced before the game or could be a few trialists involved
Sounds good bigmart. There has been a lull. Probably waiting for 1st July.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Talking to a Burnley S/T holder, they currently have NO home pre-season friendlies that fans can attend!

Player
Manager
John King
I think the quality of the opposition at Lairds and Heswall simply is not good enough for the first team these days. I don't think you can criticise the club for being too professional in their approach to pre-season.

With regard to behind closed doors matches, most pre-season games must be loss making for clubs, so it is no surprise they are not all open to fans in the current climate. How many Tranmere supporters actually attended our game against Rangers last summer - about 1,000 ?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I don't attend friendlies. Haven't done for many years now.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Aside from the Liverpool ones, wonder did we ever make much money from friendlies?

I’ll probably go to either Warrington or Southport. Would like to have gone to Hearts but midweek games when working are almost impossible for me to attend. I like going to friendlies as it gives you a feel of what the new recruits are like, but none of the stress of needing to win.

Player
Manager
John King
Yes, I still like the pre-season games.

I will miss a few matches in August due to work commitments, so I will get to as many of the pre-season fixtures as I can.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We playing trialist keeper and centre half just kicked off.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Apparently the centre half is Kyle Jameson from Oldham and Hemmings scored