• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Jan window

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Oh dear....

I await your detailed analysis of our cash flow movements in autumn 2018. You must know a magical place where they are published.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We would be crazy to let Cogley go in January.

Arguably our most creative player - just consider his assists in the last four days - and we could not replace his quality with the modest fee we would receive.
While agreeing with your sentiment about JDC's ability, who I'd like to keep , I don't think it's that easy a call.

Micky has made it clear in his interviews that he does not believe the side is strong enough for a promotion push at present and that side includes Josh. Nobody can be sure quite how much money there will be to strengthen in January, but given Rovers failed to progress in the Cup and are now out of the Pizza Cup, it is unlikely that we are in a financial position to repeat some of the strengthening exercises of previous years. There's some suggestion that there may be enough of the unused striker funds to bring a forward in, while if we are able to move on or even better sell some of the fringe players, there may be enough to bring in one or two more. So at best 3 additions to the squad, none of whom are likely to be top of range for L2. Will that be enough to move us up to a level where it accepted at the club that we are realistic promotion contenders? If the answer is yes, then that makes a powerful case for retaining JDC.

However, if it is felt that, despite necessary additions, the team has a slim to non-existent chance of promotion, then there is a decision to be taken. There's little danger of relegation from the FL, so if there is an offer, however modest, for Josh and he's content to go, should we take it given it won't impact on our prospects for this season? My instinct is in that situation there would probably be more benefit to letting him move on; it would make no difference to our status, the club makes a small financial gain and it also shows our player development model working to a player's benefit which may attract others of a similar ilk down the line.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
One possibility would be a Championship club giving us £100k for Cogley, simply to get ahead of the pack and secure his signature now, but then loaning him back to us for the remainder of the season. That might suit all parties.

My feeling is that Cogley will wait until the summer when he will receive numerous offers. I don't think Palios would sell for a fee of £100k / £150k.

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
Assuming it's still Aberdeen who are keen on him, then a purchase and subsequent loan back to us from them would be unlikely. They've lost 4 on the bounce since the resumption (and only one team has lost more in the SPL since the season started) so it's clear they have weaknesses which need addressing as soon as possible. Against such a backdrop, spending £250k (for the sake of argument) on someone who wouldn't be available until the summer, would not make sense. If current form continues, Aberdeen could be in the Scottish Championship by then!

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.

One possibility would be a Championship club giving us £100k for Cogley, simply to get ahead of the pack and secure his signature now, but then loaning him back to us for the remainder of the season. That might suit all parties.

My feeling is that Cogley will wait until the summer when he will receive numerous offers. I don't think Palios would sell for a fee of £100k / £150k.
Im not going to get in a stupid crass argument over this because it may never happen.
You have to bear in mind that every player, staff have contracts that have a disclosure clause in it.
And MP is very good at spin.
The club cannot afford to turn down any offer.
The club is desperate for cash.
Whatever figure you believe we have got in the pot for January signings, it will only be put in by players leaving.
I cannot prove anything or show anything. However, I am aware of the club's finances and it's current state.
And I would not believe a word MP says, especially how well the club is doing financially.

Please people don't expect big signings or a marquee league two professional. It will be loanees, probably youth or under 23/21 development players. As with the many signings lately, you will have to Google who he is, cos you will have never heard of him before.

It is a fortunate, that league two is absolutely awful and there are such a dearth of bad teams. A few injuries to your squad could be disastrous for results, as we know only too well. It is fortunate that we have such a good manager, who can be trusted to get the team perform so well over the last few seasons (bar the disastrous stint of KH).

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Im not going to get in a stupid crass argument over this because it may never happen.
You have to bear in mind that every player, staff have contracts that have a disclosure clause in it.
And MP is very good at spin.
The club cannot afford to turn down any offer.
The club is desperate for cash.
Whatever figure you believe we have got in the pot for January signings, it will only be put in by players leaving.
I cannot prove anything or show anything. However, I am aware of the club's finances and it's current state.
And I would not believe a word MP says, especially how well the club is doing financially.

Please people don't expect big signings or a marquee league two professional. It will be loanees, probably youth or under 23/21 development players. As with the many signings lately, you will have to Google who he is, cos you will have never heard of him before.

It is a fortunate, that league two is absolutely awful and there are such a dearth of bad teams. A few injuries to your squad could be disastrous for results, as we know only too well. It is fortunate that we have such a good manager, who can be trusted to get the team perform so well over the last few seasons (bar the disastrous stint of KH).
Who disclosed the fact they have an NDC in their contract? I suspect you think you know more than you actually do, Tranmere tried to sign a forward in August and failed, so that financial expenditure remains unspent. There is no cup tie bonanza this season but we know Palios does not rely on them happening.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
It is no secret that NDCs have been in contracts since well before the turn of the century.
Yes, they did sign a forward in Mumbango, but he was found to have injury issues. So, at the end of the transfer , I think, we were desperate to find someone else, enter the lad from Liverpool and an inquiry into other youngsters around the u21/u23 to fill the hole, but those available were not interested. The spin that MP put into this was so inflated. Yes, we tried to sign but on poor terms and within our budget or paid as a loanee by the players club.
If I'm a bit out on dates, I'm on the way to Crewe, and not up to looking at the timeline.
There is no money not spent from August, if that was so, why wasn't a non contracted player signed?