• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Jan window

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
so, it Looks like J C D is off to Aberdeen apart from a new front line what do we need we really need to find goals from somewhere then the other Question is do we have the cash

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
im sure mp said there was money available during the beechwood q&a.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think they’re maybe other more palatable in terms of geography for JDC. I like Aberdeen but it is a bit off the beaten track. Question is do we keep him to go for nothing in the summer or release for a fairly nominal sum in January? We would need to address the right-back slot if he left O’Connor could do the defensive side fine, but would then need a tackling defensive midfielder.

Edited having seen Ian’s report of MP comment at Beechwood. Maybe there is a reserve from the aborted last minute loan deals in the summer. No sign of any more money coming into the club so think it will be a case of selling/moving on players who are out of favour or contracts expire in the summer.

As well as 1 or 2 forwards and a right-back if JDC goes we probably need another wide player preferably with some pace. It was interesting to see the Ryan Stratulis interview, he still has regular contact with Parky when he goes into the club. Given how well he’s done at Connah’s Quay, even allowing for the gulf in standard, he must be worth a fuller look at when returning in January.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
As boz suggests Aberdeen isn’t particularly glamorous and I’d be surprised if their weren’t decent big name league one clubs after him. Whether he stays may depend on Josh himself. We’re going knowhere this season so couldn’t blame him if he wanted to go in January, especially if financially it makes sense.

So we would need another right back in and obviously a striker who is hopefully fit and able to put the ball in the back of the net. They won’t come easily though. We also need another wide man as no real competiton for Morris or hawkes either. Morris perhaps another Hemmings who knows that if fit he is nailed on to play every week which isn’t very healthy for competition for places

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Looks more likely that Jdc will leave in the summer on a free

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Looks more likely that Jdc will leave in the summer on a free
It makes you wonder how the new transfer strategy will actually make us any money. The majority of youngsters we have are only on two year deals, and very few clubs are going to offer substantial money for them after only twelve months of football unless they are truly exceptional.

Not many players go from League Two to the Premier League / Championship for big six figure fees.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes I’ve been thinking similar to RLC. Take Bristow as an example. He’s on a two year deal. Will we look to extend this summer? And would he even sign it if he thought there would be interest. Then at the end of next season he could go for nothing (any compensation wouldn’t be great).

But I guess we can’t afford to give untried youngsters any more than two year deals so it’s a risky strategy in some ways

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Yes I’ve been thinking similar to RLC. Take Bristow as an example. He’s on a two year deal. Will we look to extend this summer? And would he even sign it if he thought there would be interest. Then at the end of next season he could go for nothing (any compensation wouldn’t be great).

But I guess we can’t afford to give untried youngsters any more than two year deals so it’s a risky strategy in some ways
The younger players we signed on 2 year deals this summer we have the option of extending it the same with Morris

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Have any of the Palioi's money making schemes actually made us any cash though? I remember going to a Trust meeting pre-pandemic, where it was suggested that we'd make significant sums from the work in China, where the reality was that it's very hard to take money out of that country. Going forward, the only one that likely to make someone money is the ground sale and moving to be a tenant albeit with in long lease in the back end of Birkenhead.

Player
Manager
John King
Have any of the Palioi's money making schemes actually made us any cash though? I remember going to a Trust meeting pre-pandemic, where it was suggested that we'd make significant sums from the work in China, where the reality was that it's very hard to take money out of that country. Going forward, the only one that likely to make someone money is the ground sale and moving to be a tenant albeit with in long lease in the back end of Birkenhead.
Yes.

We got £3.5 million of investment from Indonesia which would not have happened without our networking in the Far East.

There will be countless other schemes we have received grants and other income from, even if only in the short term. Many of the projects which are run in conjunction with the council, for example.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I'm not aware of any presence in China since December/January 2019/20. The coaches now are international desk. These are the ones who took charge for the youth game at Lincoln. Shaun Garnett was due to go on November at that time but advised not to go.
The only significant income money that has been sourced off the top of my head, is Liverpool Ladies, training at solar campus and playing at Prenton Park. They even have their own staff at solar campus.
The college is payed for by grants to the club.
Other than that, most of the stuff they have tried have not come to fruition. The hotels refurbishment will eventually in the future make them some money.I
But now I'm scratching my head, the shop must bring in some revenue.
Anyway surviving on 3000+ season tickets and shrinking attendances must be a bit worrying.

We definitely need a new ground. Not that I don't want to stay at Prenton Park, but financially, We cannot survive here. It is a cash cow, a money pit, and not gonna make the club money anytime soon!

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Yes.

We got £3.5 million of investment from Indonesia which would not have happened without our networking in the Far East.

There will be countless other schemes we have received grants and other income from, even if only in the short term. Many of the projects which are run in conjunction with the council, for example.
One million for the pitch.
Half a million on players.
The rest is future work, such as the work at solar campus just beginning, the international university, the hotel at solar campus. There was the money to put sprinklers in at campus.

The council don't do a lot with Rovers now, only a few things going on at the ref centre.

I'm not sure about share issue at the moment but I am aware, that the far Asian group you have mentioned, must be in with a chance for takeover. The mills kit is part of the above investment as well.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A number of clubs chasing Chester striker Kurt Willoughby. The 25 year old striker is the goal poacher type and has 18 goals this season so far spearheading Chester to 2 points off top of the table. Available for a free in the summer chester have turned down a bid from Oldham who are offering a big jump in wages. Wonder if we’d fancy taking a punt albeit those sorts of signings often don’t work

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Sounds like another Elliot Nevitt. What league are Chester in now?

Player
Manager
John King
National League North. He is scoring goals at a higher level than Nevitt was in fairness.

Not convinced about Willoughby‘s ability to produce in the EFL but Chester‘s manager, Calum McIntyre, is someone to keep an eye on in the longer term.

Still in his 20s, he got the job in the summer on the back of an impressive first season in management at Runcorn Linnets, although he‘s also earned a good reputation with Chester’s youth teams over a few years now.

Still very early days right now but, if he carries on his current trajectory, in a year or two he’ll be attracting serious interest from professional clubs higher up the food chain.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Seen a suggestion from a Carlisle fan that the Omari Patrick deal might be revived, though having looked on their forum , it doesn't seem to be a hot topic

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
The win yesterday won’t do our chances of keeping JDC any harm. We’re now 5 points off the play offs and only 6 points off fourth. Whilst we’re still within distance of the play offs we can turn down any silly offers we might receive in January. Unless we got a ridiculously high offer I’d keep him and go all out for promotion with him. He’s arguably irreplaceable

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The win yesterday won’t do our chances of keeping JDC any harm. We’re now 5 points off the play offs and only 6 points off fourth. Whilst we’re still within distance of the play offs we can turn down any silly offers we might receive in January. Unless we got a ridiculously high offer I’d keep him and go all out for promotion with him. He’s arguably irreplaceable
A sale or 2 will have to happen soon to show the new model works, I wudnt be surprised if there were a few outgoings in January