• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Forest Green v Rovers

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Rochdale officially relegated from league one I think

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The players just do not want to commit going forward. As @FridayNightMemories mentions above, it's all well and good with the build up play, knocking it around the back, then to midfield, then back again but we need the ball in the box, we need players attacking the ball, we need players running at the opposition. Ultimately, we cannot win games of football without Vaughan and the current squad so if we do make the playoffs, I think we will fail in spectacular fashion.

Just look at that second half. How much ball we had in their half, they had a man down and we managed one shot from Manny and a consolation from Morris. Nothing like a piss poor Tranmere performance to ruin your bank holiday weekend.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Morris started the games against Southend, Sunderland, Exeter,Colchester,Cheltenham, Salford,Bradford, Barrow and FGR through March and April (and today) so I don't think Hill doesn't rate him. .

I agree that the team looks toothless at present despite the quality of a lot of the players). I also agree that there is now a big risk of not even making the playoffs should Exeter win and Tranmere lose next week, which given the inability to score more than one goal in a game at present is a distinct possibility, especially with the likelihood of at least one defensive mix-up.

I am at a loss to understand why the players are not having many shots on goal. Clarke, before this game, was on 40 attempts so far just behind Feeney and Lewis. Vaughan way out on his own. I think Mark should also take in those stats when considering the Manager performance. The aim is to score goals and concede as few as possible, with the former greater than the latter! All the flowery build up towards the final third is of no use if there is no end product.

There were more attempts on goal in games managed by Dawes and Parkinson. That's another statistic for Mar

It was a tongue in cheek remark, but Morris was player of the year last year and a regular scorer and provider of assists in the division above, so I don't understand why he is not central to Hill's plans. He has been on the bench for fifteen - roughly 50% - of the games Hill has managed, whereas others like Feeney and Lewis have been virtually ever present, despite loss of form or variable contribution.

However, the current issues go beyond one player and that was simply an example.

Player
Manager
John King
Yes it was very much the same old story of recent weeks, even months since Vaughan was injured. As I said previously at Bradford we got a very lucky win and did well in one half v barrow to just about get a 1-0 win. Once again today we’ve been found out and given an opposition keeper hardly anything to do.
RLC makes a good point about OConnor. Call me old fashioned but I never like tampering with a back 4 during a match unless you have to. Lewis was injured so bring on a midfielder in his place instead of shuffling a few things around and upsetting the back 4. Khan was at fault for the first goal - end of story. Without that we get a 1-1 draw so Keith must shoulder the blame. a great goal from Morris can’t hide the fact that once again we’ve hardly created anything. The pressure is on next week to get a ‘positive point’ v Colchester who we couldn’t beat in the reverse fixture and who beat Salford today
Sparky, I think the Kahn change was due to Hill's defensive mindset. When Lewis went off injured, it was logical to simply replace him with Morris. However, Hill wanted to have two defensive midfielders, which I don't think was necessary in a game we had to win, and moved O'Connor into midfield and Kahn to right back.

That upset the back four and we immediately conceded.

Player
aldo
can we be bothered with the playoffs we are so poor we will be shown up on the sky for the piss poor we are but we are playing well so we are told

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It was a depressing performance from Rovers second half, nothing to get the juices going. Things might have taken a different turn if the referee had sent off Collins for a second yellow, kick at Lewis just before h/t. Instead, it was the continuing injury to Lewis and the brain fart decision from Keith to move O'Connor from right-back, where he was probably first half MoM, into midfield and replace him with Khan, which was a key factor in us going behind, with Otis giving Davison too much space, though he finished well. When Adams ran out of luck and finally saw a second yellow and red, hoped Rovers might get back into it. Thought KH brought the right players on in CBT and Lloyd, but would have preferred to see Woolery stay on at the expense of Feeney. A stupid penalty to give away, for which Clarke must take some of the blame, then Collins who arguably shouldn't have still been on the pitch finished us off. Aside from Morris' sublime goal at the death, we did very little to trouble their keeper, despite most of the play being in and around their penalty box.

If missing out on the play-offs totally meant than we'd change manager, then I'd take it. My impression from the midweek forum is there is no chance of that happening, so we might as well limp into the play-offs and pick up a few extra pennies from that. I think we probably will scrape a draw v Colchester, which would be enough, while I don't think it's a given Forest Green will take all the points at Oldham.

Player
Manager
John King
I don't feel any enthusiasm for the play offs, even on the assumption we get there. I don't like what I am seeing week after week and the last two months have not been at all enjoyable.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I don't feel any enthusiasm for the play offs, even on the assumption we get there. I don't like what I am seeing week after week and the last two months have not been at all enjoyable.
Totally agree, I have sky and I'm tempted not to bother to watch the games its that bad.

What really annoys me is the rubbish that is coming from Hill and the other day Palios if either of them really think the football being served up is acceptable in any way shape or form then they are sadly mistaken.

Fair play to Morecambe who still have a shout at the top 3 on what will be a tiny budget, were as we stumble along

Player
Manager
John King
Yes, I could accept missing out on promotion, or even the play offs altogether, if the standard of the football was reasonable, but it has not been for months.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Every other result went our way and there were some fantastic fightbacks. We couldn’t even get back into the game against ten men.

I am apoplectic. Ian, can you please shut down this site for the weekend before I say something I shouldn’t. ;)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Player
Manager
John King
With regard to Feeney's poor form, he was excellent earlier in the season played wide, which is his natural position. However, he has massively lost form and confidence since being played centrally alongside Spearing. So it is another case of a square peg in a round hole.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I really wouldn’t at all be surprised if we see ourselves out of the playoffs next week. I can’t see us winning and Exeter have not lost in five and have won their last two. I have zero confidence in this team at the moment.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
With regard to Feeney's poor form, he was excellent earlier in the season played wide, which is his natural position. However, he has massively lost form and confidence since being played centrally alongside Spearing. So it is another case of a square peg in a round hole.
Yes. He has lost all confidence and struggles to even run a few feet with the ball before losing it. He looks lost in that position. Get him on the wing and get him crossing in balls which is what he is good at and what we brought him in for.. his assists.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I would not start Feeney for the next game, he looks jaded and is no longer able to deliver quality set-pieces on a regular basis.

Player
Manager
John King
I would not start Feeney for the next game, he looks jaded and is no longer able to deliver quality set-pieces on a regular basis.
He should have been rested and allowed to recharge his batteries a while back in all honesty.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
He should have been rested and allowed to recharge his batteries a while back in all honesty.
Totally agree.

From the post-match interview, it also sounds like Paul Lewis' injury may be season-ending. Wouldn't be the first time Forest Green have done that to us.

Player
aldo
I am just happy I will probably be working when the playoffs are being played so won't have to suffer from it-I, just got no passion like the players at the moment, OR seems like they do, it's really annoying with the results today but when you think we just can't score goals how many times have the other teams been down to ten men and we don't take advantage the only one I can think of was vale away but we had the Super Daws and Parky wanting us to attack god I wish we had stayed with em