• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Crawley (3) v Rovers (2)

Match result

• Crawley

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crawley (3) v Rovers (2)
Posted by Ian
Broadfield Stadium
Saturday, September 16, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, September 16, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Whilst not an amazing game to watch, Rovers have been excellent. Well organised and given Crawley nothing. The homeside enjoying a lot of possession but Rovers keeping them quiet pressing when needed but keeping their shape. Rovers have had a few chances with Jennings early on and of course the goal. A major step forward compared to the mess over the last few weeks. Pike and Wood have been excellent, Turnbull and Davies not much to do. Walker, Jennings and McAlear look comfortable in midfield with Hawkes, Jolley and Taylor looking for the break with good movement, always looking a threat.

HT: 0-1.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A satisfactory half. It was fairly even until the goal. Yes, it is 4-3-3, as I said, but because we are keeping our shape in a tight unit, Crawley can only get so far before they have to hit a long ball, which usually goes out.
I can’t fault anyone, but a shout out for CJ, who is everywhere.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Wood has looked decent. Walker picked up a yellow so expect him to be taken off later in the game but all good so far.

The lads obviously all made their beds this morning!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A satisfactory half. It was fairly even until the goal. Yes, it is 4-3-3, as I said, but because we are keeping our shape in a tight unit, Crawley can only get so far before they have to hit a long ball, which usually goes out.
I can’t fault anyone, but a shout out for CJ, who is everywhere.
Yes I’m not a fan of 4-3-3 but away from home it can easily become 4-5-1 and hard to break down.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
24% possession for us but 4 shots to their one

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Why do you got for that option, Higgy 2? I would say Taylor has been the best of that trio so far and the fittest.
Good question Boz. The main reason is that in the absence of Norris, I believe Jolley is more adept at wrestling the CBs and making a nuisance of himself. Then I'd take either one of Taylor and Dennis. Just went for Dennis based on his proven goal record.
I see them both having slightly different games, but be better working off someone like Norris. Albeit Jolley filling in for now.
Have to say I'm not too disappointed Hendry has been rested. Top pro, but often too many touches and bullied back towards his own goal for me. Need Walker and MacAlear to put shifts in though.

Reactions: Boz

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Expect Crawley to come out a bit more second half. Hopefully we can stay disciplined and maybe catch them on the break again.

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
I’ll be listening with a bit of trepidation; we all need a confidence lift!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
1-1. Too much pressure this half and Rovers finally concede.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
And Crawley have upped their game, been much quicker and more accurate with their passing. After sustained pressure they have equalised. Game on. Have we got the character?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!! for Rovers.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Taylor this time. Walker with a ball right htrough the middle, Crawley sleeping, Taylor runs on and pokes it home!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohhh dear.. 2-2. Rovers half asleep at the free kick.