• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Crawley (3) v Rovers (2)

Match result

• Crawley

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crawley (3) v Rovers (2)
Posted by Ian
Broadfield Stadium
Saturday, September 16, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, September 16, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
Also my first game of the season to have been allowed out. Really out of touch with a lot of challenging events going on, except for watching a couple of I follow games but enjoyed readings all your match reports and analysis which really helped so much to keep in touch however depressing the results, so thanks guys . Also found Sparky’s managerial results tabulation particularly helpful and thought provoking: as a consequence my humble profuse apologies Mr Hill for all the obviously unjustified slanderous remarks.
Although far from my favourite venue it’s still exciting to go to a live game as there is so much more to absorb. Let’s hope the renaissance can commence tomorrow and we are well overdue a win at Broadfield. Still recall when we put 5 past Crawley with Jake Cassidy on fire when we were top of L1 against all the odds with a bottom quartile budget in was it 2011/12?
Optimistic about tomorrow but even a dull turgid goalless affair will be a good step forward. Even dragging my wife kicking and screaming to the game chanting together as one, as she has only ever seen one loss (first Wembley NL playoff ), as a further antidote to unlucky away attendees

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
2-1 win to us.
Jolley and Dennis up front, and Taylor off the bench would be my preference.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Is Saunders fit now?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I would think that Nigel has been preparing for this for a lot longer than he’s had the job. Dawes has never looked comfortable in the role. So, I think Nigel will know who he wants to play and what formation. They will have been practising all week. I doubt it will be a very novel set up as Nigel is an old school manager.

I hope I’m right when I say Nigel will turn things round. Maybe not today, but I expect better organisation, determination and confidence.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
2-1 win to us.
Jolley and Dennis up front, and Taylor off the bench would be my preference.
Why do you got for that option, Higgy 2? I would say Taylor has been the best of that trio so far and the fittest.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'd say Jolley was physically stronger but Taylor seems a bit more natural in front of goal and is a lot quicker. Two good options to have. I hope we see a bit more of Dennis today who will hopefully be back in his natural position.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think Taylor is streets ahead of Jolley, who has looked poor and physically weak in his appearances this season.

In the absence of Norris, I think some combination of Jennings / Dennis / Taylor is our best option if we are playing a front two.

It is difficult to judge Dennis, as he has been in and out of the side and generally played out of position, and is not the sort of striker that does much outside the box anyway. If played in a front two for an extended period, he will score goals.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Mcalear starts. Hendry dropped. Walker in as is Jolley and Taylor No Kieran Morris in the squad. Wood starts at left back. No Dennis in the starting eleven.
Assume Jolley will lead the line and Jennings in midfield so still 4-3-3

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Strange line-up.Hendry only on the bench and Merrie and Morris not on that. Quite a few big calls by Nigel for his first game, will they pay off?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Assume Jolley will lead the line and Jennings in midfield so still 4-3-3
OS has 4-4-2, but with Turnbull and Jolley in midfield! Who are they trying to kid? I’m sure it’s 4-3-3, but we’ll see

Anyway, the sun’s shining and it’s a new era. Let’s enjoy!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It's an odd team and I've no idea on the formation, I will definitely take a point now.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, don't quite get it, but we'll see.. Looks like 433 to me.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It does have a young look with the front 3 plus mcalear starting.
The defence will be tested as the hosts have scored 11 in their last 3 games

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Looks like
McGee
Pike, Davies, Turnbull, Wood
McAlear, Walker, Jennings
Taylor, Jolley, Hawkes

Reactions: Ian
Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I think the line up is........

to confuse not only Crawley but every one else!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
GOAL!!!! for Rovers