• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Crawley (3) v Rovers (2)

Match result

• Crawley

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crawley (3) v Rovers (2)
Posted by Ian
Broadfield Stadium
Saturday, September 16, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, September 16, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Yes its early in the week but let's get started what team and formation me i would play sam and dennis up topwith jenningjust behind in a free roll 3at the back 5 in the middle with norris on one wing and Hawkes one the other let's get behind the boys and see rovers win2-0 positive is back negative has left the building

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
I guess Norris junior is the latest left back, no idea on the other side as Yarney is limited out there. Surely got use Morris and Hawkes wide with someone joining Hendry probably Merrie. Dennis is your main scorer elect so if Norris isn't ready I'd use Jennings.
It needs stability and people doing a reliable pro job

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
I would have dennis up top with jennings just off him in a free roll yes morris and Hawkes on wings not sure on the rest

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
It does need stability, a strong spine and a determination to stop the goals going in, regardless of who plays!
A result of any kind would be welcome with the home game next week a chance to get the season going!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Will be a tough game as we are low on confidence, I would take a point but think we will lose 2 1.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’m looking forward to seeing if Adkins makes any significant changes, both in terms of personnel and tactics.
Hopefully the 4-3-3 will be ditched as I’m not a fan unless he goes 4-5-1 and sets up defensively to stop the run of defeats.

No idea what the team will be.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
In his pre-match interview Adkins talked a lot about what we need to do out of possession, and implicitly admitted that defensively we have been a disorganised mess in recent weeks. I would not be surprised if we revert to a solid 442.

He also specifically mentioned the talent of Josh Hawkes, who will hopefully be brought back in from the cold after his ridiculous treatment by Dawes.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’m like Sparky, no idea how we’ll line up. Can see the attraction of a rot-stopping approach and keeping things tight as Keith Hill suggests.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not sure who of the absentees will be available again but if we go for a fairly sensible approach and a return to 442 we might get something out of the game. I'd be quite happpy with a draw just to stop the rot and we can build from there. I don't think Crawley are anything special but I think small steps and all that.

With a few fairly basic tweaks and a dose of confidence I see no reason why this squad can’t start climbing the table soon. Starting tomorrow.

Oh for a Micky masterclass and a 1-0 win against the odds! But I reckon we might get a real bounce anyway, so I’ll go for a 3-1 win. (The Adkins effect must be rubbing off, but I still won’t be having mango for breakfast, making the bed or going for a long walk before the game ;))

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
I guess Norris junior is the latest left back, no idea on the other side as Yarney is limited out there. Surely got use Morris and Hawkes wide with someone joining Hendry probably Merrie. Dennis is your main scorer elect so if Norris isn't ready I'd use Jennings.
It needs stability and people doing a reliable pro job
Sorry megged myself again, Wood is the latest left back. Appears the injured are still out. I'd expect Adkins to go safe with experience, be interesting how he deals with Lewis when fit. Will he be the fifth boss to favour him against 99% of fans? Taylor off the bench with Apter might shake old legs up a bit, that will be a novelty?

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
One thing i do like about Nigel Adkins is he is clean wheres the Rover's shirt and he wants all pushing in the right direction also going to prenton park to see the every day staff is a nice touch

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
When i say clean Daws and sometimes micky both looked like they needed shavings and wore some horrible clothes and mickys coat

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
One thing i do like about Nigel Adkins is he is clean wheres the Rover's shirt and he wants all pushing in the right direction also going to prenton park to see the every day staff is a nice touch
Majority of staff at campus!

I have gone for a draw, however, a win on Nigel's first game would be encouraging!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm fairly confident. We have a decent squad with enough fit players to form a winning team. We just need an effective formation and some motivation! Effectively, I always said all we needed was an experienced manager. Now we've got one.

This is my first game of the season and I'm grateful for missing the first seven league games! I am hoping for - and predicting - a win.