• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Carlisle v Rovers

Match result

• Carlisle

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Carlisle v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Brunton Park
Friday, April 7, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Friday, April 7, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
2-0. Load of rubbish.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
The trouble with the season ticket theory is, fans are very loyal most will renew anyway. If you lose 500 at a cost of £150k that will be a lot less than it would cost to re-launch the set up. With an impressive new manager signed up to a serious recruitment.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The club is a joke at the moment, from the top to the bottom the way it's being run is very poor. Without big change and soon we are only going one way

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Game was effectively over by h/t. Mostly Hewelt at fault for the opener, though it was an underhit pass to him initially and nobody tracking Dennis and making things a bit harder for him. Second goal poor defending and the hosts could easily have been 4 up at h/t. Rovers improved a bit after the break, but never really looked like getting back into the game, there were a couple of decent saves from Hewelt and a few could do betters from the hosts, but they didn't look as good a team as the one who'd beaten us at PP. Credit to the 716 SWA for their support throughout.

Strange subs from Dawes, though Saunders and Merrie were enforced. We seemed to ditch the diamond ultimately? Thought Mumbongo and Chalmers had some of their better showings in a white shirt, though that isn't that high a bar to get over.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
The club is a joke at the moment, from the top to the bottom the way it's being run is very poor. Without big change and soon we are only going one way
Spot on bigmart...the decline in the quality of the current squad in comparison to our final National League squad is staggering. As a club we need a fundamental overhaul...forget all this "development" crap just get a group for players who want to play for their shirt, players who are TOTALLY committed to the club, and an owner who will concentrate on provide the budget to deliver this...nevermind golf club presidencies or Essar associated directorships. Get it sorted Mark.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Who's looking forward to Monday? :speechless:

• Sad
Reactions: Boz

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
The danger is if we start next season badly then we may end up back in the national league.

Dawes has to take some blame for today. Playing out from the back is all well and good if your players are good enough to break through the inevitable press. Pique was good at it with Barca as he had xavi and busquets dropping in. Sadly turnbull and merrie aren’t quite the same!! It’s league two and you have to play a certain way

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
The trouble with the season ticket theory is, fans are very loyal most will renew anyway. If you lose 500 at a cost of £150k that will be a lot less than it would cost to re-launch the set up. With an impressive new manager signed up to a serious recruitment.
Yes I agree. I’ve just renewed mine and will always no matter who is in charge.

I think we just need to accept that in budget terms we are so far behind and each year it gets tougher and tougher. That said, we weren’t far off the top seven last season..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You can see the trend over the last few years with the way the club is going. If nothing major happens before next season starts, we will be looking up the table for most of the season. It's a worrying thought.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Game was effectively over by h/t. Mostly Hewelt at fault for the opener, though it was an underhit pass to him initially and nobody tracking Dennis and making things a bit harder for him. Second goal poor defending and the hosts could easily have been 4 up at h/t. Rovers improved a bit after the break, but never really looked like getting back into the game, there were a couple of decent saves from Hewelt and a few could do betters from the hosts, but they didn't look as good a team as the one who'd beaten us at PP. Credit to the 716 SWA for their support throughout.

Strange subs from Dawes, though Saunders and Merrie were enforced. We seemed to ditch the diamond ultimately? Thought Mumbongo and Chalmers had some of their better showings in a white shirt, though that isn't that high a bar to get over.
I think second half boz Carlisle knew the game was won so took their foot off the gas a bit. They took off Dennis and Patrick as we had no chance of scoring and they dealt with our powder puff attack easily. Mumbongo and chalmers did ok but I don’t want either of them with us next season.

I’ve not got much faith in Dawes. Our top scorer has been moved from his favoured position. Hemmings who is the best of a bad bunch of strikers has been playing deeper.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Dawes has to take some blame for today. Playing out from the back is all well and good if your players are good enough to break through the inevitable press.
Turnbull and Davies look completely out of their comfort zone and with good reason. The players aren't good enough to be playing this type of football and it is just a matter of when with the defensive errors. Add on top of that a forward line which I don't think I have seen as weak in all my 30+ years watching Rovers.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes Ian I agree. We’re poor in both boxes at the moment and that’s where it counts.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

In fairness to Dawes, he seems as unhappy as us but I don't think his style of play is helping.

Last edited:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Turnbull and Davies look completely out of their comfort zone and with good reason. The players aren't good enough to be playing this type of football and it is just a matter of when with the defensive errors. Add on top of that a forward line which I don't think I have seen as weak in all my 30+ years watching Rovers.
One of the ITKs suggests Turnbull has already put in a transfer request.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The way I'm feeling at the moment, I'd be happy to get rid of the lot of them!