• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Cup Accy V Rovers

Match result

• Accrington Stanley

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Accy V Rovers
Posted by Ian
Wham Stadium
Tuesday, August 9, 2022 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, August 9, 2022 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Got the impression things were ticking over steadily, neither side having much of note in attack, then Rovers concede two in quick succession.

Going by the commentary, O’Connor seems to be having a testing night and as one of our most reliable players that seems to be a concern.

Turnbull plays 45 minutes, McAlear on, presume pre-planned.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
326 Rovers fans present. £20 per ticket obviously putting a few off, plus the tricky start to the season.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Connor Jennings scores from the spot for Stockport against Harrogate.....oh that we still had him

Reactions: Boz

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
There is a distinct lack of creativity in our performances, as much as we need a decent partner for Hemmings we really need more creativity or we will be in for a season of struggling
That’s been the case since January sadly

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sounds like a well-worked goal with a good finish

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Great pass by McAlear for the goal. Some strong tackles as well. Made a big difference. Cogley looks too good for us!

drwhoman

Every morning I turn the PC on here in OZ hoping for the announcement of decent signings for the attack. We all know the issue but just zip. As has been said before, this is going to be a very long season unless something happens. You simply cannot sugar cote it. Some decent players but surrounded by others who are simply League Two and nothing more. The current squad will be lucky to make mid table.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Will hopefully do Hawkes confidence some good. Will it make Micky ponder 4 at the back I wonder…..

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Will hopefully do Hawkes confidence some good. Will it make Micky ponder 4 at the back I wonder…..
Yes, we sound a lot more dangerous since switching to a back four. Hawkes was good in pre-season and I am pleased for him.